Register Now!

(#1)
Old
mattersnot Offline
Reporter
mattersnot is on a distinguished road

Door Slamming one solution - 05-07-2006, 01:26 PM

Hi,

It's recently been brought to my attention that one can put these round discs (rubber bumpers or stoppers) on the door frame which helps mitigate the sound of the door slamming. I haven't investigated this myself but it sounds like a good idea.

Cheers, m'snot
(#2)
Old
Blake Offline
Reporter
Blake is on a distinguished road

Re: Door Slamming one solution - 05-09-2006, 09:02 AM

Hi m'snot - Thank you for the information on the rubber disks. If you do find out more, like where one can purchase them, I'd sure be interested. Maybe it's something Penn South can install in all doors. Though I doubt they would. I'll be on the look out for them.
(#3)
Old
mattersnot Offline
Reporter
mattersnot is on a distinguished road

Re: Door Slamming one solution - 05-10-2006, 11:04 AM

HEHEHE

I just had a thought. If we could find them, most likely at a hardware store, we could ring our neighbors and casually place them on their doorframes during the conversation.

Am I evil?
(#4)
Old
Blake Offline
Reporter

Re: Door Slamming one solution - 05-10-2006, 01:26 PM

Evil or not, I like the idea. Since I think the neighbor would notice this move, I think one should bake a cake!
(#5)
Old
NORTH STAR Offline
Reporter
NORTH STAR is on a distinguished road

Wink Re: Door Slamming one solution - 05-14-2006, 07:57 PM

Here's how to get two birds with one stone to: (1) Muffle the sound of slamming doors and (2) Stop drafts (and menu's) from entering around the perimeter of the door. Call Penn South?s Maintenance (212-675-8181) and tell them air drafts are coming into your apartment around the door frame. Maintenance will install narrow felt strips with a sticky backing around the door frame so that the door?s two sides and its top will make contact with that stripping. I believe there is no charge for this. There is available a metal and rubber strip for the bottom of the door, for a charge. A Wednesday evening appointment might be available for Maintenance to do the installation.

Of course your noisy neighbor(s) will have to be persuaded to have this done.
(#6)
Old
Blake Offline
Reporter

Re: Door Slamming one solution - 05-18-2006, 12:10 PM

Thank you North Star for your suggestion to help muffle door slamming. I set up an appointment to get the felt strips for the door frame and a metal strip for the bottom of the door. Maintenance charges $10 for the metal strip. They begin work on our new elevators next week and hope this will help with dust and make closing a door a quieter affair. Maybe my neighbors will be interested! Thanks again.
(#7)
Old
slamfix Offline
Cub Reporter
slamfix is on a distinguished road

Smile Re: Door Slamming one solution - 11-28-2007, 09:09 AM

THIS HAS BEEN DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR ''DOOR SLAMMING''. IT IS FITTED AT THE TOP OF THE DOOR AND CLOSES THE DOOR QUIETLY AND SMOOTHLY.COMES WITH A TEMPLATE WHICH ALLOWS FOR EASY INSTALLATION.DOOR DOES NOT NEED TO BE DISMANTELED / REMOVED. HYDRAULIC MECHANISM. ITEM IS AVAILABLE AT PRESENT BY POST / MAIL. SHIPPING COSTS TO THE USA IS 11 EURO AND TO EU COUNTRIES 8 EURO APPROX. PER ITEM. EMAIL INFOSLAMFIX@YAHOO.COM . PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD USING PAYPAL ONLINE PAYMENT FACILITY. DETAILS REGARDING PRICES OF PRODUCT ETC AVAILABLE ALL INQUIRIES WELLCOME.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ANTI DOOR SLAMMING DEVICE.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	45