Needed: Chelsea Neighborhood Organizers
Hundreds of volunteers have come together over the last two years to put on Make Music New York -- the largest musical event in NYC history. Thousands of amateur musicians, in every genre, played on the sidewalks for the biggest crowds of their lives. Professional musicians performed for new audiences, who came out from under their headphones to hear unfamiliar groups risk-free. And everyone was invited to sing along and enjoy the first day of summer.
Now, with your help, we're going to make it even bigger. For the third annual festival on Sunday, June 21, 2009, we will empower 150 New Yorkers to serve as MMNY Neighborhood Organizers.
Over the next three months, working with an experienced MMNY manager, Neighborhood Organizers will inspire and coordinate dozens of MMNY concerts in their communities.
As an Organizer, you will:
* Meet hundreds of local musicians
* Develop relationships with venues in your area
* Decide how to promote your neighborhood's concerts on the MMNY website, in our Metro New York program, etc
* Collaborate with other organizers throughout NYC
* Become the face of MMNY in your community, and a year-round liaison between performers and spaces
* (Optional) Create a MMNY mini-festival of your own design
Organizers will work in teams of 1-4 people in each precinct, on their own schedule.
Check out our Websites:
Sign up on the website or email us with any questions about becoming a downtown Manhattan Neighborhood Organizer: MMNYorganizer09@gmail.com