FIT housing w/silly girls?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FIT housing w/silly girls?

Alexis, you mean well by trying to explain these things to him. Don't you see that he doesn't get it? His attitude reveals more about himself than it does about the young women who upset him up so much. I worked at FIT and these are some of the brightest, talented, nicest, hard-working, students I've ever seen. Leave him alone -- he obviously has personal issues to work out. I truly wish him well -- at best -- it just may take him longer than most.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
      Alexis, you mean well by trying to explain these things to him. Don't you see that he doesn't get it? His attitude reveals more about himself than it does about the young women who upset him up so much. I worked at FIT and these are some of the brightest, talented, nicest, hard-working, students I've ever seen. Leave him alone -- he obviously has personal issues to work out. I truly wish him well -- at best -- it just may take him longer than most.
      It just makes me upset when I see someone insulting women (or any group, really) this way, and I feel the need to respond to it and let them know it's not OK. You're right, of course, though. I should see by his posts he's not going to get it, and I totally agree with the way you've assessed the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by alexismckinnon View Post
        It just makes me upset when I see someone insulting women (or any group, really) this way, and I feel the need to respond to it and let them know it's not OK.
        I applaud you for trying.

Comment

Alexis, I understand how you feel -- I felt the same way the first time I read his comments, but when he repeated the same crap in spite of my comments, your comments and Charles' comments, it became clear that he plain doesn't get it. This issue is NOT about these young women, so defending them isn't the issue. This is all about him and HIS issues/demons -- the women are who he's taking it out on at this time. In his last statement, he put N.J. down. I applaud you for trying, too, but you have to see it for what it is.

Comment

I think that because young college girls haven't ever formed a group to protest verbal attacks against them that Vidis may not have realized that it's not okay to verbally abuse them. We all know not to say things like that about blacks, hispanics, gays, Jews, Muslims, Christians etc., etc. but maybe he just wasn't sensitized to the fact that it's really not okay to talk that way about any group whether or not they've ever gotten together to make a big deal in the media about it.

Anyway, I think Vidis will probably - I hope - learn something from being involved in our online community - and I for one, Vidis, hope you'll stay around and continue to contribute. I don't think you meant any harm, and I don't think you're a bad guy - it was just a little harsh what you said. And I hope us ragging on you about it here won't put you off or make you feel unwelcomed. You're our long-time blog mate and you're still apart of this community.

Comment

Honestly, from the bottom of my heart I do apologize to anybody that I offended using the "wh*re" word.... Perhaps it was a bit over the top and in poor choice. If I could go back and edit it, I would take that word out.
              Sincerely - Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesB View Post
                ... it was just a little harsh what you said. And I hope us ragging on you about it here won't put you off or make you feel unwelcomed. You're our long-time blog mate and you're still apart of this community.
                What Charles said.

Comment

May I chime in here? Okay, here's my take on the whole "Trendster, cool thing."

Yes, they can be a bit "Teeny-Bop/Gen-X, Stepford Wife-ish," yada, yada. And, I'm totally sure that they all DO in fact think they're cutting edge. We ALL did that at their age, and I don't think those young women are any different. By that I mean, everyone wants to "fit in." Everyone wants to "belong" right?

I'm sure that's exactly what those young women are doing. It's just that now that some of us are past that time in OUR lives, and perhaps structured or at least have somewhat found our "niche," we find it annoying. I know I do sometimes. Weren't we trying to discover "who we are" at that age?

But then again, aren't they the next generation coming up? And, isn't it possible, that those annoying little, somewhat tedious traits will annoy "them" just as much when they're our age (s)? I think so.

Just my take on it all.

"CC"

Comment

Originally posted by Vidis View Post
                    Honestly, from the bottom of my heart I do apologize to anybody that I offended using the "wh*re" word.... Perhaps it was a bit over the top and in poor choice. If I could go back and edit it, I would take that word out.
                    Sincerely - Sorry.
                    Vidis, thanks for your apology. That means a lot. And I think it was genuine and heartfelt... so I say let's move on.

And CC, I like your "take". It's funny getting older and being able to look back on my life at that point and realize I was like that too, and now it seems so far removed from what I am today! Weird.

Comment

Working...
                    X