FIT housing w/silly girls?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIT housing w/silly girls?

Is there an FIT housing place in the area now??
    Recently I switched my office up in the 30's and walk up 8th to work.
    Every morning I see swarms of silly girls, clones of each other, spewing out from W29th walking towards FIT like ants to their hole.

Re: FIT housing w/silly girls?

I think they did take over a building or buildings up around 30th/31st somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidis View Post
      Is there an FIT housing place in the area now??
      Been here for a year or two. See http://www3.fitnyc.edu/residentiallife/faqpage.htm, section #1.

At least they're easier on the eyes than some of the other more colorful denizens.

Comment

Agreed AEG, but they're mundane and banal, common and simple Janes who are boring to tears.
        Usually smoking whores and belligerent trouble makers.
        Cooky cutters of each other...
        Will Chelsea ever get her groove back or are we destined to deal with the "white dumb rich suburban female blonde hetero 'psuedo artistic' oppression" forever? - which BTW just creates reason for the "dumb male white psuedo corporate oppression" to come into Manahattan on weekends and we all know where that leads...

Comment

Vidis, you crack me up! You really hate the suburban chick thing don't you? I think I remember a few other posts where you've said similar things.

I'm sure you realize that your impression of these girls and their impressions of themselves are entirely different. They think they are totally cool and got the groove! Anyway, I haven't heard ANY complaints about them from the guys in my building!

And yes, there's a new FIT dorm (from a year or so ago) on 31st between 9th & 10th.

Comment

This is funny. Hey- I gotta say I agree with AEG but most likely for different reasons...

Prefer the silly girls to many of the other scarier possible neighbors we could have around here.

Comment

OMG! IS it that apparent how anti-"these kinda people" I am? Yikes!

Comment

Hey Vidis, you put IMUS to shame! "white dumb rich suburban female blonde hetero 'psuedo artistic' blah, blah, blah -- also......"usually smoking whores and belligerent trouble makers".

And then you say, "OMG! IS it that apparent how anti-"these kinda people" I am? Yikes!

Me thinks you're an otherwise nice guy whose heart has been broken too often -- poor baby --

Comment

No, actually..i'm the heartbreaker
                  but really, i am indeed a very nice guy, but just miss good fun old new york pre-S&TC / stale teeny bopper brigade era ...hope I'm not just sounding like a bitter queen. Crikey!

Comment

No, actually..i'm the heartbreaker
                    but really, i am indeed a very nice guy, but just miss good fun old new york pre-S&TC / stale teeny bopper brigade era ...hope I'm not just sounding like a bitter queen. Crikey!
                    I'll be honest, Vidis. I'm a bit put off to hear you calling them "dumb," "whores," "common and simple Janes". Don't get me wrong, hipsters and silly college kids make me grit my teeth. They can be irritating, but is it necessary to speak of them in such sexist terms? Have you ever actually spoken to any of them? Why would you call someone you don't even know a "whore"--you don't like the way they dress, or what? As for being rich...FIT is a SUNY school. A lot of the kids going there probably can't afford Parsons or some of the other design schools.

Sorry if I'm jumping on you, I don't mean to, but I hate hearing people put down women this way.

And honestly, go to any college campus, not just FIT, and you'll see thousands of kids who all think they're special, edgy individuals but are all just marching to the same beat. I've never met a college kid who didn't think they were the best thing ever to happen to the world. When I was in college I was so snotty I'm sure a lot of people out there would have cheerfully slapped me. Give them a break--they'll be out in the real world and paying back those student loans soon and then they'll be just as downtrodden as the rest of us.

Comment

hooray, Alexis!

Comment

Very sorry if i offended anyone with that term, I didn't mean it in the literal sense. They might be more interesting if they really were though
                        In highschool my best galpal was a gothic chic who wore black fishnet stockings often and the kids would tease her and called her a slut...meanwhile she was a virgin...go figure.

Comment

Hey, Alexis and Amy - I was just reading through this and thinking the same thing!

Vidis, I don't mean to jump on your either, but the "whore" comment is what went over the line for me. Look, these are just normal nice girls trying to go to school and get through life. If you don't like their style - fine - but the harsh insults - don't you think that's going a little overboard?

I'm SURE if we heard you say this in person we'd probably be laughing hysterically! And I'm sure you didn't mean it literally, like you said. But I think if you'll stop and think about it for a minute, what if some straight person made harsh but somewhat humorous comments on here like that about gays? I'm sure like me you'd probably find it highly offensive.

I'm really not jumping on you. I think all of us naturally find some group that annoys us and talk about them like that - until we're sensitized to the fact that they're people too! I've done it so many times. I look back now and think what an idiot I was for saying some of the things - for thinking some of the things I used to think about other groups. And it always took somebody taking me aside and explaining that they were offended by what I said and explaining why - for me to understand. So I hope you'll take what I'm saying in that spirit. I don't think anything bad about you - I think you're just like the rest of us and probably just didn't think through how those comments might sound.

Comment

Whore-ray
                            Ok, j/k, but really I didn't mean to be offensive - not half as much as those banal twits (can i say that?) have been to Chelsea clogging our streets and lining our gutters with their poor sense of style . . . did Corzine charter a bus and dop them all off or something?

Comment

Whore-ray
                              Ok, j/k, but really I didn't mean to be offensive - not half as much as those banal twits (can i say that?) have been to Chelsea clogging our streets and lining our gutters with their poor sense of style . . . did Corzine charter a bus and dop them all off or something?
                              Thanks Amy and Charles B.

Vidis I don't think you mean to offend here...but you still are. How would you like it if someone were to say something similar about you--judging your intellect and personal qualities based solely on how you look and act from afar? Think about it...every one of us would probably be considered "boring" or "weird" to someone else.

They don't exist to entertain you, and there's nothing that says they have to meet your approval with how they dress or act. They're not looking for your endorsement, they're with their peer group. And how banal can they be...they have some pretty big names on their alumni list! I was just on their Wiki article and I was surprised to see they offer Master's level business management courses that specifically address fashion industry concerns and degrees in things like Toy Design. There aren't going to be too many dummies in programs like those.

Really, as others have said, I'd much rather have earnest, if not sometimes annoying, college students "clogging the streets" than most of the other things we have to deal with in Chelsea--street harassment and crime, drunk clubgoers lying on the sidewalks after they've indulged too much at Marquee, bicycle delivery people careening down the sidewalks, etc. etc. etc...and FIT hasn't tried to take over the entire neighborhood and suck all the life out the way NYU has in the Village, so I'm grateful for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X