Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giant 51-Story Tower Planned For Hudson Yards-30th ST!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant 51-Story Tower Planned For Hudson Yards-30th ST!!!

Meet The Giant 51-Story Tower Planned For Hudson Yards (Renderings!)

You won't believe the scale of what is coming next...on 30th and 10th

http://gothamist.com/2011/11/01/they...th.php#photo-1

And here's the full rendering from the designers---
    http://www.kpf.com/project.asp?R=1&ID=125

A bit HUGE, not spectacular in aesthetic...but have they even remotely thought of what will become of the noise and traffic from the tunnel....for example?
    Prob' not.
    I think the DVF and Diller contributon is beyond awesome to preserve the "hook" of the highline, but the design of the bldgs is just a bo-rang oh-kayy, and I forsee the traffic in this zone becoming psychedelically comical...we already have DOT, DOS, DOC, NYCDOH, NYPD, USPS, US Govt vans, 18-wheelers, trucks, sweepers, etc blocking parking and making obscene amts of noise, and our fantastic neighbors -- the NJ crappy drivers waling thru the tunnel, running the red on 30th and 9th, and then bleeping their friggin horns at all hours for every slowdown, redlight, dumptruck, pedestrian---you name it. Notice traffic is not even mentioned in the article.
    Not to be a grumpus, but I think they should wall-off that part of the tunnel. Or put a cork in it.
    And it's being developed by Related, which owns the French Apts.
    Huh.

And strangely enough, there is NOTHING on the City Council page or Quinn's page about this despite the fact that her office is on 30th and 8th, and the "The Council monitors the operation and performance of city agencies, makes land use decisions ..." (from their own page).
    She did show up for the photo op with Bloomberg though.

Re: Giant 51-Story Tower Planned For Hudson Yards-30th ST!!!

I understand that Coach will be relocating their corporate offices there as one of the anchor tenants. Wouldn't it be wonderful if they also relocated some of their manufacturing jobs to the city as part of the deal to get whatever tax breaks they'll be getting.

Comment

Originally posted by SNAP View Post
      I understand that Coach will be relocating their corporate offices there as one of the anchor tenants. Wouldn't it be wonderful if they also relocated some of their manufacturing jobs to the city as part of the deal to get whatever tax breaks they'll be getting.
      It would be great if the construction of these buildings would bring jobs back to the city. But, they seem to also seem to promise high priced residential spaces when the city could use affordable housing. Wouldn't it be nice if they offered some housing for lower income New Yorkers. I know some high priced Trump housing that reserves housing units for lower income families. An acquaintance had such an apartment in a Trump complex in the W. 50's and had applied for a similar unit on Second Avenue in the 20's.

Comment

this project will only make the neighborhood more crowded and take away peoples views. We do not need this development

Comment

Working...
        X