It's finally happened...mayhem!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's finally happened...mayhem!

Well, I've been waiting for it and now it's happened. Today in front of the project a free for all fight. At first I thought all the hollering was the usual nonsense that goes on. When I heard the sirens I knew better. I looked out and saw like 5 cop cars and 2 ambulances. I saw the cops putting someone in the squad car and someone else with blood all over him into one of the ambulances. There was clearly two groups going at and continuing to scream at each other while the police tried to separate them. It was crazy! And one of the people kept shouting, "this isn't over yet".

After writing to the city counsel, mayor, police commissioner and visiting the precinct complaining about the craziness that goes on here, maybe now they'll pay some more attention! I hope so!

Re: It's finally happened...mayhem!

You're kidding? That's crazy! It's like NYC is turning into a Wild West kinda town. And all this happened in the middle of the day?

Comment

It all happened about 3 in the afternoon. This was bound to happen with all the nonsense that goes on at the project 24 hours a day. And the police don't seem interested. Of course they can't ignore blood.

I really don't understand why they allow this stuff to go on. The gangs hanging out day and night, the drug deals, the noise, etc. For example, the "park" that is at the project, why can't it be like all NYC parks and be closed at 11 PM? And the people hanging out in front of the project, it used to be called loitering which is against the law. People in my apt building do not hang out in front of it all day and night. If the police would just enforce the law, this might actually be an ok block to live on. As it is, it's a pit!

I'm working real hard on getting out of here. I've tried everything to get the police interested. I now know it will never happen.

Comment

Irish, really sorry to hear you're having to put up with that. There does seem to be some reluctance on the part of the police under this mayor to enforce the law. Why that is, I have no idea. But I have had them tell me several times they can't be bohtered. And I've had 911 tell me they wouldn't even bother to send police out for certain things - even though they were illegal.

Comment

I know, I've had the police tell me the same thing. This is not a priority because they "lack the manpower". But it puzzles me that they can have an entire army of police every Thurs, Fri and Saturday night out to deal witht the west Chelsea clubs. Literally buses of police, street blocades, police lining 23rd St even. All for the club nights. And all this for people, the vast majority of which don't live in the neighborhood or even the city!
          Yet, the average citizen of the neighborhood is not worth protecting. I just don't get it.

But I'm really hoping to be out of here by the end of the month!

Comment

Lying with Statistics

Originally posted by JonD View Post
            Irish, really sorry to hear you're having to put up with that. There does seem to be some reluctance on the part of the police under this mayor to enforce the law. Why that is, I have no idea. But I have had them tell me several times they can't be bohtered. And I've had 911 tell me they wouldn't even bother to send police out for certain things - even though they were illegal.

How do you get crime down, when it really isn't down, well one way is not to report it. I can't swear this is the reason for this, but I've seen police ignore "situations" a number of times now and this may be the reason why.

For a summary of 10th precinct Crime Stats click here:
            http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...s/cs010pct.pdf

Comment

I guess they don't count things like noise or horns blowing or people selling drugs on the street or selling illegal whatever on the street as crimes and are not in the "statistics". The things that make everyday life more comfortable or not are clearly not a priority.

Comment

How's it going for you? I'm a newcomer to neighborhood and saw some pretty scary stuff from you about 25th ST betw 9th and 10th? --has it gotten any better?

Comment

It hasn't gotten any better. The only difference is the seasonal difference, when it's cold not so many people hang out. Other than that its about the same. I just keep my windows closed and now I use a "white noise" machine at night to sleep. So far so good.

Comment

Working...
                  X