A success story!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A success story!

I can hardly believe it! It's Saturday and the man who sells his music outside the projects is gone! I went to the 10th precinct and spoke to the Community Relations officer about the noise on my street. He said they are aware of what's going on here. He told me that the "flea market" they have every Saturday is a special arrangement between the residents of the project and the police. He said they told them they could have the market as long as it does not disturb the peace. He told me, "I promise you that he will not be playing his music anymore". And wow!!! He's not!

This is the first peaceful (relatively speaking all things considered) Saturday morning in 10 weeks!!!

And it only happened because I went in person to the precinct. All those weeks of call 311 and calling the precinct did nothing. When they see the person in front of them who is affected, maybe it means more.
    Anyway, I'm really grateful!
    Nice to report some good news!!

Re: A success story!

Congrats, Irish!!!

Comment

Bravo!! Glad you had a successful outcome

Comment

Wow, that's really great to hear Irish! And thanks for posting it here, so we can all learn from your lesson about showing up in person. That's a great little tip.

Comment

Really, really cool Irish! Good for you for making a stand!

Bravisimo!

"CC"

Comment

Originally posted by Irishdjd View Post
            And it only happened because I went in person to the precinct.
            Maybe you could write a letter to the precinct or drop by in person. How often do the police get recognized for a job well done by the average citizen? I bet they would really like it.

Comment

I intend to go to the precinct community meeting this Wednesday. I'll let them know then that I appreciate this one victory. And I'll see what they say about the other continuing problems. But it is nice to have peaceful Saturday mornings back!

Comment

Working...
              X