Elliott Chelsea Past History (2004)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elliott Chelsea Past History (2004)

visit this site and see what has happened here in the past there still needs to be alot more done, it was worse here

http://www.thevillager.com/villager_...avechelse.html

Re: Elliott Chelsea Past History (2004)

I live across the street from the housing project and I don't think things have changed much from that article. Just sine May, there have been 3 or 4 shootings. From my window I watch drug deals happen...middle of the day, night, time doesn't matter. I;ve calle the police and even told them there is a house on the street where a lot of the activity happens. Nothing has been done..ever.

The police are totally non-responsive and have been for the last 2 years that I'v lived here. The other night a car was parked in front of the project, doors and windows open, music blasting, this was 12AM! The people were drinking and dancing on the sidewalk. I called 311 four times! I watched as 4 police cars drove by and did nothing. I called the precinct and they said, "when I have a car available. I'l send them by" and we all know what that means. Finally at 1:30AM, the party was finished and they drove off. Didn't even live here!

This, unfortunately, is completely typical.

It used to drive me crazy, but now I just turn the AC on, keep my curtains shut and ignore it all. When i leave my building I just try not to notice things anymore. I know the police will not do anything and now that I don't expect their help, I don't get upset.

I feel really sorry for all the good people who live in the project and have to put up with the crap from the few *******s!

Comment

Originally posted by Irishdjd View Post
      From my window I watch drug deals happen...middle of the day, night, time doesn't matter. I;ve calle the police and even told them there is a house on the street where a lot of the activity happens. Nothing has been done..ever.
      I wonder if the courts just turn em loose if the cops do bring them in. If (and I stress "If") then I can understand why the cops don't bother.

Comment

Believe it or not, the police are very aware of what is going on in that area including the building and the street. These investigations take a long time, years if they have to. When it is time they will act and arrest many of the culprits including Mr. Big. It is all due to your calls that this will take place.

Comment

Welcome Deputy! And thanks for posting your comments.

The thing Irishdjd was talking about is when people are acting unruly on the streets, like playing loud music late at night, the cops go by and do absolutely nothing. I've seen it too. Many times. They are completely unresponsive. We're not talking about things that require long-term investigations here! Sometimes it would be nice if they could just get out of their cars and ask the noise makers to move on.

Comment

Thank you Jonathan, my point exactly!

A police officer, last summer, told me that something "big" was going to happen during the summer that would take care of a lot of the criminal element. He said they'd been planning it for a long time. That was LAST summer and NOTHING happened!

So, unfortunately, my experience with the NYPD has left me feeling a total lack of trust in them. They have an army of cops out every Thurs, Fri and Sat night over around the Chelsea club area....but they can't seem to find the manpower to clean out the projects! Come on!

Comment

RE: "...the cops go by and do absolutely nothing."

One thing to keep in mind is that when they go by, they might be on the way to another job that's been backlogged because there simply aren't enough of them out there. Just because they're not using lights and sirens doesn't mean that they aren't responding to a call from someone who needs their help and may have been waiting for a while.

Comment

Believe me, when 4 cop cars drive slowly down the street in heavy traffic, no lights, no sirens, obviously not in a hurry, and they all pass by a man parked on the side of the road with his windows open and music blasting and drinking beer, at 1AM, and they all do NOTHING, it's not because they are on another job. How much effort would it take to just roll down their window and tell the guy to move on?

Why does everyone need to defend the police?

Comment

I'm not defending the police, I know that they have a tough enough job to do. It is frustrating to hear loud music and commotions at 1:00 a.m. and see patrol cars just glide on by. Unless it is something really serious the patrol car will not stop from it's normal patrol awaiting directions from command central on 911 calls that need immediate assistance. I lived in the public housing on 26th street from 1951 to 1995 and I am well aquainted with all the buildings on 25th and 26th streets. It is easy for me to say "Oh well, That's city living, the sounds of the city" and that you have to accept it but it's not right, I have to agree. There has to be a happy medium and I hope it is achieved.

Comment

Working...
                  X