Major police action at 26th and 10th?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major police action at 26th and 10th?

Does anyone know what is up? Walking down 10th Ave. about 45 minutes ago, I noticed that the entire block of 26th was cordoned off with yellow crime scene tape and a police car. There was more crime scene tape visible by one of the buildings and a lot of police officers clustered about. Another passer-by told me that they'd had the block shut down for a few hours, but he didn't know what had happened.

Anyone know anything?

Re: Major police action at 26th and 10th?

Someone probably got burnt by a cigarette as they walked past a smoker on their way home!

(sorry, I couldn't resist. for those of you following other recent conversations here you'll get that)!

Seriously though Alexis, no I don't know anything, but I would like to hear as well from anyone who might. Which part of 26th was blocked off, between 9th & 10th or 10th & 11th? You should have tried to get some pics with your cell phone. You could have posted them here.

Comment

Originally posted by JonD View Post
      Someone probably got burnt by a cigarette as they walked past a smoker on their way home!

(sorry, I couldn't resist. for those of you following other recent conversations here you'll get that)!
      LOL! OK, I should have seen that one coming. Well played, sir.

Originally posted by JonD View Post
      Seriously though Alexis, no I don't know anything, but I would like to hear as well from anyone who might. Which part of 26th was blocked off, between 9th & 10th or 10th & 11th? You should have tried to get some pics with your cell phone. You could have posted them here.
      It was 26th between 9th and 10th--all the activity seemed to be focused on the building on the south side of the street, about halfway down the block. They had an officer on 10th ensuring that nobody went down the street. I wish I had a cell with photo capability...I'm still in the Dark Ages there.

Comment

The weird thing is that I saw the SAME thing from the 9th avenue side - but yesterday morning. I have no idea what was going on, couldn't see anything and I didn't want to ask the cop.
        www.shardsofglass.etsy.com, www.shardsofglassmosaics.blogspot.com

Comment

Jon,

Thanks for the laugh.............. Best post on here in along time..............

Comment

There seems to have been a shooting and two people were injured one in the face and another in the chest in last yard i understand on 26th closer to tenth ave

Comment

Thank you. I bow.

By the way, this site never ceases to amaze me at how someone always eventually has the answer to seemingly anything you may ask. Thanks for the info Chelsea Born. Very interesting. Hard to believe yet another shooting in Chelsea.

Comment

JonD:

You rock!

I needed a chuckle today and I wanna say muchas gracias. I agree with Bob, funniest post in a great while!

Giggles and guffaws...

"CC"

P.S. The "nabe" as a whole yes. On 26th Street not so surprising. Trust me, I live across the ave. and it doesn't surprise me in the least.

Comment

Chelsea Born, thanks for letting us know!

It's amazing that it seems to be totally under the media radar. I've been checking NY1 and the Gothamist news map to see if there's been anything on the incident...nada.

Comment

You'd be surprised how many things happen in NY that don't get reported by the media. Sometimes it's intentionally squashed.
                    www.shardsofglass.etsy.com, www.shardsofglassmosaics.blogspot.com

Comment

If you guys want a real surprise call the precinct today and just ask them if there was a shooting. They'll freak out and probably won't even give you a yes or a no.

Comment

i saw a quick mention of this on the noon news on ABC. didn't say much more than what's listed here.

Comment

Someone mentioned this to me today, gave me names of the victims, a brother and sister. They grew up in the area.

Comment

yes the brother and sister that were shot did grow up in this neighborhood

Comment

I was having breakfast at Moonstruck this morning, and I happened upon a NY Post (that's all that was left in the basket to read.)

Anyway, I was flipping through the pages, and came across the feature: "Police Blotter." They break down different crimes according to borough, and I came across a blurb about the shooting.

In addition to a very bad surveillance photo of the suspect, they mentioned that both the man (age 31,) and the woman (age 38,) were shot in the chest and face respectively.

They were both rushed to the hospital in stable condition.

They are currently seeking the suspect.

CC

Comment

Working...
                              X