Shooting on 5/24

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shooting on 5/24

I agree but unfortunately, this has been ongoing for decades in City housing projects all over and beyond.

I wholeheartedly agree, that "precautions" are necessary and that community boards, activists, our City Council people, and most of all the residents most directly affected by this "cycle, must "step up," and take a stand.

Sadly though, not enough of the aforementioned is being implemented.

It makes me sad as a Chelsea resident, to see so many of my friends' families who still live there, have to be in the thick of all this! It just breaks my heart, that wonderful people whose kids are doing well despite the stigma and stereotypes that are placed upon those people who were and still are living in the "Projects," have to just live with this because there is not enough support from neighbors and others to help to at least control the crime, etc. It is a scourge that is plaguing City housing and neighborhoods from east to west.

Ah, a vicious cycle indeed.

Comment

hi. what constitutes the "chelsea projects"? I am about to move to NYC and am debating between two apartment locations. One is near 25th and 6th ave and one in on 17th between 9th and 10th. I discovered online a public housing project on the same block on 17th but is there one that is also near the 25th and 6th location? Basically, any thoughts on which area would be safer for a short blonde girl that will be living alone?

Thanks!

Comment

The 25th Street location is really quite far from the projects. 6th Avenue is pretty far from the 9th Avenue projects. The other location is project territory but that area is getting pretty trendy though close to chelsea Market and just a few blocks from the very in meatpacking district.

Comment

Working...
        X