Crime, Noise on 25th St betw 9th and 10th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crime, Noise on 25th St betw 9th and 10th

I'm a newcomer on the block. Can anyone give me an idea of whether there's something to really be worried about concerning crime, shady characters on the block?? Thanks very much

Re: Crime, Noise on 25th St betw 9th and 10th

Hello - I'm new to this site but have lived in the area you mentioned for the past 6 years and have come to recognize or know casually lots of regulars on the streets / in the local businesses. Never felt threatened or intimidated - think there's a great mix to the neigborhood. Hate the horn honking and club traffic after midnight on Saturdays, but think this is a pretty good place. When reading the police blotters in the local papers, there stuff that happens around 2- 4 am - but I'm not usually alone walking the streets then. Cheers.

Comment

I lived at 405 W. 25th Street over 75 years ago. The only noise that we heard was the clip-clop of the horses hooves pulling the milk wagon. Oh yes, the streets were cobble-stoned. Of course, the Ninth Avenue "L" made quite a racket, but we got used to it. Never any crime in the streets to worry about. It just wasn't allowed. Ya had to be there!

Comment

Waltlewis,
        Just had to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your post. I'm a senior, a bit younger than you I guess, but I lived in Brownsville, Brooklyn and never saw or heard anything like the crime they have today. I never felt worried being out late at night or riding the subways. You're right -- you had to be there! Some of the past seems so much sweeter.

Comment

Just remember - - someday, "today" will be someone's "Good Old Days!"

Waltlewis - "It just wasn't allowed. Ya had to be there!" - How true, how true!!

Comment

Working...
          X