NO COMMENT NECESSARY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO COMMENT NECESSARY

Today is a day for prayer, reflection and remembrance, especially for the Chelsea residents and the Penn South neighbors whose lives were so brutally taken 14 years ago.

Please - do not desecrate this day and their memories with frivolous nonsense.

Remember, pray and do not forget.

Re: NO COMMENT NECESSARY

SNAP, that's a very good message. I'm glad you posted this! You're absolutely right.

Comment

Thank you, Jonathan. That's greatly appreciated.

I must say that I find it distressing almost beyond words that Fashion Week events were held on September. 11. The hubris and indifference displayed by those who scheduled the week and those who attended or in any way supported shows that day is deeply offensive. The insult to the survivors, those who died and their loved ones was compounded by any city agency that issued permits for the day’s events, and the management of any venue that hosted one. At least 12 events were held, several within walking distance of the site, while the Memorial Service was in progress. But there was money to be made, and what could be more important than that? I hope everyone enjoyed the parties.

Comment

Unbelievable. I didn't realize fashion week was held that week. That really is disgusting. I agree with you 100%.

Comment

And by the way SNAP, if the whole country took your advice and spent the day in prayer, remembrance and reflection it would make a world of difference in our resolve to make sure something like that never happens again.

Comment

But there was money to be made, and what could be more important than that? I hope everyone enjoyed the parties.
            I think that sums it up. Maybe we don't show enough respect for what we lost because we're too busy destroying our country ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by magpie View Post
              I think that sums it up. Maybe we don't show enough respect for what we lost because we're too busy destroying our country ourselves.
              Fully agreed, magpie. And God save us from ourselves as well as from our enemies.

Comment

Working...
              X