TROUBLE ACCESSING THIS SITE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TROUBLE ACCESSING THIS SITE

Has anyone else been having trouble getting on to CCYB recently? I'm wondering if there's another way that we can reconnect and keep things going if the site goes down permanently. Any ideas?

Re: TROUBLE ACCESSING THIS SITE

a few times it was down- not sure if there is another way- since we all like to keep our screen names as such facebook wouldnt work- I have set up something alternative but its more of a blog with openings and closings around the city-stores that is but I just happened used it LOL

Comment

I have a yahoo email account that we could use. If you all want to set up an alternate email account that wouldn't use your real name you could then use that and sign with your name that you use on here. If you want to do that I'll send you the link with my email account, so let me know. Apparently, the server that Jonathan switched over to doesn't handle 24/7 service very well. I hope it doesn't jeopardize this Board because people may get discouraged and just stop using it. Maybe the temporary solution I'm offering might work until the Board is working again.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know about this Magpie!

The thing is - the site has actually been running better than ever since we moved it to a new server in early June. It hasn't had a single second of downtime since we moved it!

But, what's happening is, people who visited it often may have settings retained on their computer related to the old IP address. So, when they type in the domain name, their computer tries to route them to the old server - even though it's not there anymore. This is something that happens inside your computer that we have no control over.

The way to fix it (usually) is to first clear your browser cache of all clickyourblock cookies. That sometimes helps but not always. If that doesn't work, then you need to do a DNS Flush - which flushes all local DNS settings out of your computer.

This page gives instructions on how to do that for several different operating systems:

https://ausweb.com.au/tutorials/clearing-dns/

Sorry for the trouble!

By the way, if you come to the site and it appears to be down, keep a copy of this link and go here to see if it's really down:

http://stats.pingdom.com/i4z5s8iqp0rv/356116

That's our monitoring service. If everything is in the green, then you know the problem is on your local computer with the DNS settings that it has retained.

I've also had people who have done this dns flush thing and it works for a while and then they have to do it again. So, don't worry if it happens again.

THANKS!!

Comment

Working...
        X