Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SEPT 11: GONE AND FORGOTTEN. LET'S PARTY!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEPT 11: GONE AND FORGOTTEN. LET'S PARTY!

I submit the following letter to the editor from today’s Daily News for your consideration and comment. I did some research and found the times and venues for the listed events to make sure the letter was accurate.

Fashion faux pas

Manhattan: I find it distressing almost beyond words that Fashion Week events were held on Sept. 11. The hubris and indifference displayed by those who scheduled the week and those who attended or in any way supported shows that day is deeply offensive. The insult to the survivors, those who died and their loved ones was compounded by any city agency that issued permits for the day’s events, and the management of any venue that hosted one. Some events were even held during the ceremonies at the site. But there was money to be made. I hope everyone enjoyed the parties.

http://www.mbfashionweek.com/schedule

September 11
    9AM BIBHU MOHAPATRA at STUDIO
    9:30-10:30AM BRANDON SUN at BOX
    10AM MICHAEL KORS at THEATRE
    11AM NANETTE LEPORE at STAGE
    1PM RACHEL ZOE at STUDIO
    2PM J. MENDEL at THEATRE
    2:30-3:30PM CLOVER CANYON at BOX

Re: SEPT 11: GONE AND FORGOTTEN. LET'S PARTY!

I like it SNAP. Did you get any response?

Comment

Hi Jonathan,

Long time no hear! Welcome back!

I got eight responses, all favorable and in agreement. I was a little surprised that in spite of 60 views on here, yours was the only reply. I hope this doesn't mean that the Chelsea community in general, or the CCYB Community specifically, has become hardened to the day or unmindful of what it should mean. Congress named September 11 “Patriot Day” and even that small acknowledgement has been tossed to the back of an insignificant heap.

I’d be very happy to see a real issue made of this travesty, to the point of having a well-publicised letter-writing campaign and a popular boycott of those who displayed, attended, provided venues, catering services, media coverage or transportation services or in any way supported Fashion Week events on September 11. Additionally, I’d like to see a letter-writing campaign to the Mayor, Speaker of the City Council, Public Advocate, City Comptroller, Governor, state and federal legislators and every commissioner demanding that no agency issue any permits for events or offer support or protective services on any future September 11 . Every public and private-sector union should boycott any event on that date. The electorate should demand that politicians bring their considerable influence and authority to bear to prevent a repeat of this mockery of the almost 3,000 who have died so far. That's THREE THOUSAND mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, relatives, friends, acquaintances, executives, delivery boys, cops, firemen, court officers….

Sorry, but I do get worked up about this issue.

Comment

I just came across this post. Does matter to me too. But, since I don't follow Fashion Week, I had not idea it was going on. I also thought building that Mosque Center so close to the WTC was thoughtless and the Muslim March that was changed to something else that was scheduled 9-11 in DC was also thoughtless. Was told it was politically incorrect to complain. I lost friends and co-workers so I am still sensitive.

Comment

Working...
        X