Favorite Deli - btw 14th and 23rd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Deli - btw 14th and 23rd

Wow. First post for 19th-20th btw 9th & 10th.

Just wondering if any fellow Chelsea cYb members had a favorite West Chelsea deli, and if so can you tell me why it's your favorite?

Having lived here more than 8 years, I've wandered up and down 9th Ave searching for a favorite (10th is deli barren).

From Food Inc. to Frank's Deli to Ha. Ha. Fresh to the Chelsea Hypermart... I still haven't found what I'm looking for. Any suggestions?

Re: Favorite Deli - btw 14th and 23rd

Chelsea Hypermarket is a fun one , they are nice, and have all sorts of interesting imports from Asia and Europe.
    The one on 8th, middle of 19th and 20th is wonderful too...I always have a good shopping experience there.

BUT - the deli at 132/? 9th Ave. right in the middle of 19th and 18th is one of my faves! They're Hispanic and ever so friendly. Always with a smile, saying "hello, how are you amigo" and very accommodating. Prices are incredibly low, and service is way above average. They have to deal with a lot of crap from the kids in the neighborhood, but everyone I've ever had the pleasure of meeting there, has been always so! so!! nice and makes me feel very welcome! I <3 that place! :-)

Comment

Re: Favorite Deli - btw 14th and 23rd

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to try the place in the middle on 9th Ave. I guess my dislike of Food Inc. on the corner at 19th had unfairly soured me towards it.

Another good point about the Hypermart is that hey have the cutest and friendliest Deli-cat in the neighborhood.

Comment

Working...
      X