X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Indian restaurant

There's a great new Indian restaurant that delivers to our block:

http://www.indiankitchennyc.com/

In my opinion it is much better than the few other Indian places in our vicinity (Bombay Talkie, Amin Indian Restaurant, Dimple, Kashmir Kabob House, etc.).

Re: New Indian restaurant

Just a point to clarify, they are at 453 W 17th St.
    I'll have to give them a try.

Thanks,
    CD
    Need computer assistance?
    See my Classified/Computer maintenance listing or send me a private message.

Comment

Ahhh Baby, you got me excited! You posted this (originally) in the W 30th St block (which is where I live and I thought for a minute we had a new Indian place). I'll move it to W 17th. Thanks for pointing that out CD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan
        Ahhh Baby, you got me excited! You posted this (originally) in the W 30th St block (which is where I live and I thought for a minute we had a new Indian place). I'll move it to W 17th. Thanks for pointing that out CD.
        Who just adores Indian cuisine? I DO, I DO! Thanks for the heads up. In fact, I cook homemade curry all the time at home. So, yay! 17th Street is so close. For yummy food? Walking is no problem!

Comment

JUst a plug for our fave Indian (it's actually Bangladeshi) restaurant: Qasim. The prices are low, the food is great and they deliver! They're located at 27th and 9th.

Comment

Originally posted by Ingrid
            JUst a plug for our fave Indian (it's actually Bangladeshi) restaurant: Qasim. The prices are low, the food is great and they deliver! They're located at 27th and 9th.
            Hi Ingrid:

My apartment building is at 27th and 9th. Could you possibly mean 8th? 'Cause I just love Indian or Bangladeshi food. I've never even heard of Qasim. I would love to try it. Usually, I go to the one on 7th Ave. bet. 23rd & 24th Sts. But if there's an alternative I'm there!

Yum, yum!

CC69

Comment

Re: QASIM Indian restaurant

Qasim has been a fave for YEARS! I hadn't ordered in a while but did so last week. My reaction was: WTF?! Do you know if they had a change of owners, change of chef? It was definitely NOT the same. In fact, when I called, I got a woman on the phone. I didn't ask for the owner, Saladhin, as I usually do, and don't even know if he still IS the owner.

The tandoori chicken was too salty, not authentic, and definitely not properly prepared. It just didn't have the right taste and wasn't the way I've enjoyed it all these years, with grilled onions & a lemon wedge. Anyone can come up with the correct ingredients & proportions to make the marinade mixture for tandoori chicken, but if it's not really cooked in a real tandor, it won't be dry-on-the-outside, succulent-on-the-inside.

The palak paneer, spinach and yogurt cheese cubes, was pureed to the consistency of baby food, and there weren't any yogurt cheese cubes, just some shredded pieces of it.

Even the basmati rice seemed like a "Minute Rice" version!

And the menu from which I've been ordering for years is no longer valid. I've got their current menu now -- the prices have gone up, the menu is different.

Yeah, I'm a KVETCH, but I have noticed a drastic change, & wanted to know if anyone here has experienced these differences.

Comment

I think Qasim is on 9th ave between 29th and 30th Streets. Here's a few reviews:

http://www.menupages.com/restaurants/qasim/

Comment

yes thats where it is. It's a little spicy for me. There is also another place that has similar pakistanian food that all the cab drivers like and its also on 9th
                  avenue in the other direction going toward chelsea market near the butcher shop knickerbocker.
                  I dont know if it is still there but there was one also on 10th Avenue between I think 27th and 28th St. There is also one on 9th Avenue that is open 24 hours and you can eat in with plenty of tables and its somewhere around past esposito's portk store on that side of the street before you hit the port authority. These are all pakistani I think

Comment

Working...
                  X