RIP - Chelsea Market Florist?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP - Chelsea Market Florist?

I'm hearing the florist on the east end of the building is out and the windows are frosted up. Does anyone know the details? (Why the vacancy, what's in store?)

I liked going in there with my daughter to play find the cat (the big gray furball was usually lying somewhere amid the flora).

Nice hothouse of roses too. Sorry to see them go.

Re: RIP - Chelsea Market Florist?

Hey Rob, you posted this in General Interest so many people may not know where the florist you're talking about is. If you'll let me know where it is I'll move your post to that block. It'll still show up on the home page. Thanks!

Comment

Chelsea Market, 15th St at 9th Avenue. Thanks Jonathan!

Comment

Ahh, right! I'll move it there for you. That sounds like a fun game you had for your daughter looking for the cat. Sounds like you'll both miss that!

Comment

By the way, I had heard a rumor that that florist was going to close about a year ago.

Comment

Oh no! That's such sad news!
            It's always the highlight of my walk through the market, I love ending it with a horticulture lesson and try to treat myself to a little something.
            Plus you're right - that cat is soooo adorable!

Guess it's gonna be another drug store...

Us oldies might remember that amazing indoor/outdoor florist that used to be on the N.E. corner of 9th and 22nd (?) until those blasted condos went up.

Comment

That big grey cat died quite a while ago, only the black cat was left.

Comment

I noticed it all closed up last week....bummer! Nice stuff, good prices and nice people. Oh, well, I guess we can use one more Duane Reade, Starbucks or a new overpriced yuppie brunch place. Sigh!
                roby2000

Comment

I also noticed that the meat market was closed too. I used to salivate looking at those great cuts of beef. If they close Amy's or the Fruit Exchange, I'm through with the place. I would have virtually no reason to go there since only the cookie and cake places will be left.
                  roby2000

Comment

Originally posted by roby2000 View Post
                    I would have virtually no reason to go there since only the cookie and cake places will be left.
                    I share your frustration. For me the destination is the Italian import/deli, who are fairly priced & the kitchen wares who strike that note 50% of the time.

CD
                    Need computer assistance?
                    See my Classified/Computer maintenance listing or send me a private message.

Comment

It's the waterfall that gets me ever time.
                      I've probably thrown a small fortune in there

Comment

Fountain? Fountain? Isn't that a broken water pipe?
                        roby2000

Comment

My primary destination at the Chelsea Market is for the coffee. They offer a wide variety of coffee for the cheapest prices anywhere -- $4.99 per pound for all coffees and their decaf is "water processed" which is the healthiest way to decaf -- for the same price yet. Once I'm there, I go for the produce, I'll buy something at the Italian store and maybe the fish place, and Amy's bread. I love the atmosphere. I noticed that alot of stores in the market have closed -- I pray that they don't commercialize the space. That would be awful. Oh, yes, I love having the Jewish deli there. That's a very welcome newbie for New Yorkers, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJe View Post
                            My primary destination at the Chelsea Market is for the coffee. They offer a wide variety of coffee for the cheapest prices anywhere -- $4.99 per pound for all coffees and their decaf is "water processed" which is the healthiest way to decaf -- for the same price yet. Once I'm there, I go for the produce, I'll buy something at the Italian store and maybe the fish place, and Amy's bread. I love the atmosphere. I noticed that alot of stores in the market have closed -- I pray that they don't commercialize the space. That would be awful. Oh, yes, I love having the Jewish deli there. That's a very welcome newbie for New Yorkers, I think.
                            This is a great info for me because i had no knowledge about Chelsea Market before....Know its inspired me and i would go there for visit soon.

Comment

I never used the florist that is now gone but I do buy my fresh fish there sometimes and get my vegetables in the manhattan fruit exchange. Ialso grab a brownie from fatwitch or other snack from the other bakeries. The Italian speciality store is great to look around and they have good brushetta which you get outisde the store after 11am. The deli seems overpriced and its not kosher anymore. The bowery has a good selection of kitchen supplies. amys bread is ok but they wont cut the bread

Comment

Working...
                              X