The Downtown Hotel Scene

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Downtown Hotel Scene

Back in 1998 Big Punisher rapped about "Uptown Baby", but we're here to talk about Downtown Baby today. In the fall of 2006 current hip hop fare is completely unlistenable, but Downtown NYC hotels are all the rage.

Screw those stuffy old historic hotels in Midtown and by Central Park. These days whether you are a local, a tourist, or a business traveller, more and more people are sneaking a peak at downtown Manhattan hotels, and we put together a list and mash up to prove it.

We tried to make our hotel map list--wait for it-- as helpful as possible. Important info like room rates, square footage and nearest subway stop are included. Of course, we also added a bit of our own flavor-- Map-Making Moment, Who you might find in the lobby, and Hotel Bar vs. Hotel Restaurant, are all, shockingly items we added from our rigorous research and experience over this past year.

This map obviously is not your run-of-the-mill "Manhattan hotel rooms for under $200" list. After all, these days, $200 won't even get you a night on Central Park bench--though it might score you a room here. But, hey, where else can you find out where those "gritty" Gen X'ers on the Lower East Side are most likely to put up their parents for a night.

This map is alive--let's keep it that way. Add comments to the stories, photos to the HotelChatter Photo Pool, and send us tips when the mood strikes.

Re: The Downtown Hotel Scene

Sorry if I'm out of line here but I just realized everything you wrote above was copied from another web site. I thought it was something you had written until I clicked on your link and found the whole thing was just copied from that site. Shouldn't you mention that? or put quote marks around it or in some other way bring it to our attention that these words are copied from another site?

Comment

i thought the link in the text made that clear.
      i'll "quote" it next time

Comment

It's ok, I just read the whole thing before I clicked on the link. Then I was surprised to see that when I clicked on the link it took me to what I had just read! I think quote marks would help, at least that way we'd know right off that you're quoting something. Anyway, no problem.

Comment

you right. it's a good idea.

Comment

Working...
          X