X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dunkin Donuts - West 31st Street

Originally posted by JimR View Post
    my fresh fruits and vegetables.
    I agree in principle, but this is something they rarely muck-up. I think this is where they get their large mark-up and they can't afford to screw this up. However, if you are really an aficianado, then yes, you can't press the melons and such. I am a bit more pedestrian...

Comment

Re: West 31st Street

Originally posted by alexismckinnon View Post
      *nods* They'll probably capitalize on the folks who work all night at the Postal facilities and might really need a 4am donut and java. I actually like Dunkin Donuts' donuts (not as much as Krispy Kreme, but anyway), but they're really oversaturating the neighborhood. It's almost as bad as Duane Reade.

I agree, when is someone going to open a good grocery store in the neighborhood? It's awful. I miss D'Agostino.

I got some pretty good news for ALL of us who have wanted more food choices in the neighborhood. I was passing by 9th Ave and 28th street where the Morgan Facility is and saw some construction going on. So I took a look inside to see what it was. Couldn't figure it out by looking but saw the permit that's below. It's gonna be a SUPERMARKET! My hope was it wasn't gonna be another Gristede's and I have confirmed that this is true.

Comment

I kind of like Garden of Eden on 23rd for coffee and produce, esp. fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw View Post
          My hope was it wasn't gonna be another Gristede's and I have confirmed that this is true.
          I went to the govt website shown on the permit and couldn't find detailed info about who the grocery store owner is going to be. Since you know it isn't Gristede's...can you say who it is going to be?

Comment

I think what pettiboy is saying is that FreshDirect doesn't let you check the order when it actually arrives at your apartment. That's true--you sign the slip and they leave; they don't stand there while you look through the boxes and ensure that everything you ordered is there. If you notice something is missing you have to call them after the fact.

I've had a few issues with deliveries from Fresh Direct. Nothing major has ever happened, but there have been some instances where one or two items I've paid for have been missing from my order when it arrives. In every case, though, Fresh Direct has been really good about either running the missing portions of the order over during their next delivery run to my building, or issuing me a credit. Earlier this year I was somewhat irritated with them because they screwed up a few orders in a row. The operator with whom I spoke promised to give the information to a supervisor, and you know, it hasn't happened again since then. They also gave me an extra credit as an apology, which was nice of them.

So yes, in spite of occasional errors, I still love Fresh Direct. They're always good about fixing what they get wrong, they're friendly, and they have good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by AEG View Post
              I went to the govt website shown on the permit and couldn't find detailed info about who the grocery store owner is going to be. Since you know it isn't Gristede's...can you say who it is going to be?
              A neighbor of mine who I mentioned this to last week had actually called the contractor and found it's to be an International Supermarket which he told me was part of a chain. Not being able to find any local chain by that name I decided not to list the name. So I just called the contractor on the permit and he confirmed it's to be an "International Supermarket" and it will be opening in about 2 months.

Comment

I found a link to a local chain that might be it...
                http://www.ernestklein.net/

Good to have food in the neighborhood...now let's just get in a barnes and noble to replace the one on 21st....

Comment

Working...
                X