X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Watson
    started a topic Bright Food

Bright Food

Does anyone know why Bright Food on 8th and 21st closed? That was my favorite restaurant in NYC and one day it was just gone without warning.

• seedyonenyc
    replied
    Re: Bright Food

Originally posted by girlfriday View Post
    I've responded to this on another thread, and on yet another much earlier thread I posted that Kitchen was my favorite store in the neighborhood. Possibly the entire city. The fact that this establishment (including Bright Food since they were connected) is gone is a tragedy. There was no place like it and there won't ever be any place like it. I'm low on chili powder and Abuelita and I'm po'd about it.
    My understanding is that Dona & Stuart will try to maintain an online presence at: http://www.kitchenmarket.com/

I bumped into them the other day & they are spending the summer months "upstate" working, but a third party told me that the want to keep the mail order going so I assume they will be back & forth.

As for the story behind the closing, get it straight from the horses mouth here:
    http://edlevineeats.seriouseats.com/...loses-its.html

Nice people. They are & will be missed.

CD

Leave a comment:

• girlfriday
    replied

I've responded to this on another thread, and on yet another much earlier thread I posted that Kitchen was my favorite store in the neighborhood. Possibly the entire city. The fact that this establishment (including Bright Food since they were connected) is gone is a tragedy. There was no place like it and there won't ever be any place like it. I'm low on chili powder and Abuelita and I'm po'd about it.

Yes, greed is killing this 'hood. I first thought so when Healthy Chelsea closed to make way for that hideous dentist chain. Then that stretch of shops on 16th/17th and Eighth, gone. Shall I even bring up the gorgeous townhouse on 18th and 8th? I still can't believe that hideous glass structure is the replacement.

But then again, I still miss Woolworth's and the diner on 21st. Only place that served jello with cool whip.

Leave a comment:

• W16thDenizen
    replied

Greed is destroying the charm of New York neighborhoods like Chelsea, that's for sure. It'll actually probably wind up being an ATM place for a bank. Who else can afford these rents?

Leave a comment:

• Baby Watson
    replied

Thanks for the link. This is so depressing. It's probably going to be replaced by a Jamba Juice or a Baby Gap. What's happening to our city?!?!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• W16thDenizen
    replied

The rent was too high. GREED! Here's a link:

http://www.nysun.com/article/55637
    Last edited by W16thDenizen; 07-13-2007, 11:19 AM. Reason: Added link to article re Bright Food Shop closing

Leave a comment:

Working...
X