Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Call 311

Dear neighbors,

The grocery store on 305 West 30th Street has not been reopened since Sept 11, 2001.

Nowadays it is a storage place for garbage which is not picked by the city.

As a result there is a major rodent problem (big rats) on that part of the street.

I see them often while I'm walking my dog.

Please call 311 as often as possible and file a complaint with sanitation.

Re: Please Call 311

I used to live at 302 W. 30th, right across the street from the long gone grocery store, I used to call 311 to complain about the rodent situation ALL THE TIME!!! still nothing happened, unbelievable. Good luck to you!!

Comment

Unbelievable. There must be some place to call???

Comment

Is this ignorant on my part? How about the Board of Health? Animal control?
        Also, someone must own this property, right, even if it's not leased to a business- shouldn't they be liable causing a public health hazard?

Comment

Well, I call 311 every day and file a complaint with sanitation. The owners of that place disapeared and there is nobody dealing with the property. I called te number which is on the building but got a message saying that the voice mail is full. I other words I do not know what more to do about it. The NYPD does not accept complaints on issues like this. It is crazy.

Comment

How about calling the DOB (Department of Buildings). I believe they are located somewhere on Hudson Street. Maybe they can direct you to someone who can actually do something about this. The whole thing is totally disgusting. When I walk uptown, sometimes I will cross 30th as a shortcut. I usually cross the street. I hate walking by that store. It's nasty!

Comment

Another approach would be to contact Christine Quinn's office; they're located on 30th between Seventh and Eighth, right down the block from the property discussed. Don't forget: the more complaints they get, the faster the appropriate City agency might respond.

Comment

Who is Christine Quinn ?

Comment

Originally posted by Salomon View Post
                  Who is Christine Quinn ?
                  She is our local City Council rep & is also the the Speaker of that august body.

From what I see & hear her office is pretty responsive.

CD
                  Need computer assistance?
                  See my Classified/Computer maintenance listing or send me a private message.

Comment

Originally posted by seedyonenyc View Post
                    local City Council rep & is also the the Speaker of that august body.
                    Email sent to her "public" email address will bounce back. Use this form instead: http://www.nyccouncil.info/rightnow/contactspkr.cfm

Comment

Okay I wrote to Christine C. Quinn using the form: http://www.nyccouncil.info/rightnow/contactspkr.cfm

And I ask others to do the same.

Salomon

Comment

Working...
                      X