Those annoying non-residents!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those annoying non-residents!

So, I'm getting ready to go to sleep, have been hearing this idling engine outside for an hour and finally look outside to see what it is....don't see anything but some disgusting guy in a flannel shirt relieving himself on the sidewalk, facing my window, full view I didn't want to see, then cleaning himself off with a paper plate, which he throws in front of my front door. He proceeds diagonally across the street to his car, which turns out to be the loud idling engine I heard but didn't see, gets in the BACK seat, and I think he's going to sleep back there because he lays down...then realize there's two people back there and they're having sex. Nice. A cop car drives by, slows, continues. The garbage guys come, walk around them, pick up bags of garbage, continues.

I"m just not in the mood, I'm closing my blinds. Don't feel like calling and reporting when nothing will be done anyway...obviously these people don't live here or they'd be inside their apartment. Just a gross image to go to sleep on. After reading our neighbor's horror story of being knocked down and called a fag the other day, beginning to agree it'd be nice for some people not to be allowed to come in and make it nasty/dangerous/depressing place for the people who live here.

If anyone else is in the mood to deal with 311, they're still there, parked in front of 364 W. 30th. Thought I'd vent.

Re: Those annoying non-residents!

Circusgirl - I totally relate to what you're saying. That's a really good post you made because it so well sums up what's going on and how we feel about it. It's unbelievable some of the things I see outside sometime. But what can we do? If you call the cops they don't even bother to show up usually and when they do it's like 2 hours later long after the idiots have left.

Comment

That is crazy nasty. I am so tired of our street being the repository for all sorts of unseemly debauchery. Charming debauchery - okay, but the grimy sorts - enough!
      The loud music coming from cars at nite makes me pretty batty, but this takes the cake.
      Tip - I always call 212-239-9811 and ask for the community officer on the desk that nite, and if he's out just tell one of the officers what's up. It's the midtown south number (they are on like 36th st) -
      just say "it's not an emergency, but..." and if you tell them quickly what's up they can send whoever is closest in a cruiser to investigate the drama. When I call them they come within 10 mins.
      311 is a bit slow for me these days....

Comment

PS Thanks for venting.

Comment

Working...
        X