Fire at 346 W 30th?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire at 346 W 30th?

Five fire trucks just came screaming down W 30th - about 10 minutes ago. By the time I got to the window to see what was happening I saw about 12 firemen taking their time walking out of 346 W 30th. I can see that you guys are ok, but what happened over there?

It's always a mystery to me that out of all the times I've seen fire trucks I've yet to ever see a fire! Anyway, I'm glad it appears that nothing serious happened.

Re: Fire at 346 W 30th?

I saw them too Charles. Where is Vespa? She would probably know something.

Comment

The 911 system has to change! A few weeks ago I called them to report an alarm going off in my neighbor's apartment for a few days. As soon as 911 answered, I said right away that it was NOT an emergency, but someone should check it out. All of a sudden TWO huge hook and ladders, flashing lights, sirens and all, come rushing down the street making a gigantic production for nothing - turns out it was just a battery operated alarm clock that he had forgotten to shut off.
      Also, the other night crossing at 7th and Greenwich, all of a sudden up near 13th Street, sirens start flashing and howling... it was an ambulance that was trying to park at St. Vincent's, and when the occupants of the vehicle finally double-parked at the hospital, they casually opened the door and got out in no hurry at all, AND nonbody was even in the back being treated.
      It's a shame that when you see emergency vehicles charging down the roads, you never really know when to take them seriously.

Comment

Thanks for saying that Vidis... that's been my suspicion for a long time. It's really sad because it makes you much less likely, as a driver, to feel "alarmed" and to get out of the way when you hear a siren.

It's incredible to me that they would send out two huge trucks like that, making all that commotion on the street when you told them it wasn't an emergency. Unbelievable. Not only is it a huge waste of money, it pulls them away from potential real emergencies, and it makes drivers ever so slightly less likely to get out of their way next time. It's wasteful and dangerous.

Comment

The fire was not in 346 west 30
          it was in the french apartments

Comment

That's weird. I must have seen at least 12 firemen leave 346. I wonder what they were doing in there if the fire was in the French apartments? Strange.

Comment

there wasnt a fire at 346 w 30thstreet there was a fire at the french apartments but they stopped in front of 346 w 30th street

Comment

Now, you have me using my long-term memory! No, I didn't see any fire at 346, but there were a lot of firemen coming out of that buildling when I looked out my window. It seems strange that if the fire was at the French Apartments, why there were so many firemen going into and coming out of 346! Oh well... just another fire dept mystery I guess!

Comment

they didnt leave 346 they thought it was in tere so they asked but we said no so they went to the french apartments

Comment

Working...
                  X