sad news

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sad news

yes I do get hit by backpacks as well LOL- it aint funny- I have limited vision but people can't tell since I do not look different and do not carry a cane for vision purpopes. I get black and blue easily and I wonder how I got black and blue

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that -- black and blue! Watch out in the subway -- I don't know many times...! (and good to hear it's not just me not getting out of the way, or figuring I have to jump!)

Bike report from yesterday: 1st: the big SUV decides it's me or you and turns right into me as I'm crossing straight at an intersection; I decided against suicide as a way to teach him a lesson; 2nd: A (delivery?) guy (on a bike) swinging around the corner the wrong way towards me, as the truck he is hidden behind starts pulling out. Oh. My God.

Comment

Originally posted by momjo View Post
        ... There were teens out there by whole foods with a petition to add more bike lanes last week and I toldthem no way was I goingto sign it. I have a bad habit of standing on the edge of the sidewalk- ok the gutter forgetting that bike lane is there and one f these days some bike rider is going to hit me if I am not careful.
        Actually, I'm not against bike lanes, but I don't think the city should add more than they can control. It seems from reading this g this thread, they can't handle the existing lanes.

Glad to have read this thread and thanks to Momjo for posting this and making me aware. I will definitely not be signing any petitions for more bike lanes. I've almost been hit by speeding bikes myself. And, they had the audacity to curse me for not watching for them. The city needs to judge how adding a convenience for one group affects others.

Comment

yes they have also cursed at me. glad i could be of help

Comment

Working...
          X