Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DESPERATELY NEEDED: A 24-Hour Grocery Store!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DESPERATELY NEEDED: A 24-Hour Grocery Store!

im new to town and while im not from new york im used to going to places later at nite ie grocery shopping and ive gotten in the habit of starbucks at midnite or one on weekends im used to major chains just being there walmart is ok but i will go out late and buy dinner for the next nite real quality food top of the line brands even @ 3 in the moring or @ 6 in the moring we are foodies who are slaves to food network feeling out place here...XD

Comment

My guess is that there are fewer people cooking at home that keep those kind of late hours that will need things other than muffins that should be on The Roadshow or Pepperidge Farm Milanos (ever read the ingredients list...what kind of farm are they running there anyway?).

Not that I think any of the respondents to this thread fit into these demos, but...College students, twenty-somethings, stoners, etc. will probably settle for what the Korean-bodegas offer at 3AM.

Do the ubiquitous 24Hr Greek diners with their menus the size of the Old & New Testaments combined not offer enough?

Sure Moonstruck's $3.25 Brownie, or Chelsea Square's Pound cake (no brownie listed) for $2.25 or the Empire Diner's brownie at $4 (The All The Way is $8) all cost 1 or 2 times what the box of mix would once you add the NYC vig (Tax & Tip) & they can't be tweeked a la Alice B. Toklas-style ()...but when you gotta have...well ya gotta have. If there's a minimum just order lots of milk.

Last but not least is Insomnia Cookies. Retail open to 3AM, delivery until 2AM.

Just remember, cheesecake will give you nightmares.

Sweet dreams,
      CD
      NYC
      Need computer assistance?
      See my Classified/Computer maintenance listing or send me a private message.

Comment

you could also go to korea town for a good meal 24 hours but if its just ingredients you want I think there may be some supermarkets open 24 hours but you will need to check. Maybe you would be better off shopping during the day at chelsea market where you can get everything. There you can get your fish, butcher- comming soon, italian specialty store, wine store, bakeries, gelato, ice cream shop., coffee bar, tea bar, thai restaurant, a bagel

Comment

Two small 24/7 grocery stores: N/W corner of 29th street and 8th ave. Another one at N/E corner of 25th street and 8th ave.

Comment

Originally posted by specialK View Post
            im new to town and while im not from new york im used to going to places later at nite
            Well, if you have a car, the Walmart in Secaucus is expanding to become a 24-hour SuperWalmart. The downside is that you would have to drive six miles through the Lincoln Tunnel into another state and pay $8 toll on the way back (at least the $8 is a pittance when you see how much you've saved.) The upside is you would probably not have much traffic in the middle of the night.

Comment

Next best thing to all this confusion of what's open, where and what they may or may not have is..........ready! An old past time called planning ahead. Joking!!!

Comment

Working...
              X