Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Body rolling down 9th Ave in office chair!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Body rolling down 9th Ave in office chair!

Weekend at Bernie's!

Did you guys see this story on Anderson Cooper tonight? Two men were arrested after they wheeled a dead man through the streets in an office chair and tried to cash his social security check at a check cashing place on 9th Ave (not sure where exactly).

The man was flopping from side to side on the chair. The two suspects kept trying to prop him up - just like Weekend at Bernie's! At first they left his body outside the check cashing place and went in to try to cash his check. But the store clerk knew who the check belonged to and he asked the suspects where the man was. The suspects were going to try to push him into the store using the wheeled office chair! But when they went outside to get him a crowd had gathered around and alerted the police.

It turned out that one of the suspects was the roommate of the man who had died of natural causes (thankfully they didn't kill him).

What were they thinking!?

Re: Dead Body rolling down 9th Ave in office chair!

Here's my question though: How friggin' stupid or desperate does one have to be to actually believe that this would work.

I saw the story on NBC news and just roared with laughter. The 2 guys actually told the press that they didn't do it.

Are you joking!? What a couple of "Maroons."

Comment

I'm laughing so hard just picturing this! What I wonder is first, why did they go to the same check cashing place the dead guy always went to? Didn't it occur to them someone might recognize his name on the check? And why did they think they had to wheel his poor dead body in with them?

Wouldn't most thieves simply have taken the check minus the dead body to a check cashing place somewhere far, far away from where he lived?

MORONS!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesB View Post
        I'm laughing so hard just picturing this! What I wonder is first, why did they go to the same check cashing place the dead guy always went to? Didn't it occur to them someone might recognize his name on the check? And why did they think they had to wheel his poor dead body in with them?

Wouldn't most thieves simply have taken the check minus the dead body to a check cashing place somewhere far, far away from where he lived?

MORONS!
        Because what they did was this: they positioned the body outside and presented the check. The clerk said, "Where is he?" and they pointed to him sitting outside. They thought the clerk would just cash it and then they'd all roll away and come back next month.
        www.shardsofglass.etsy.com, www.shardsofglassmosaics.blogspot.com

Comment

It kinda reminds me of dead Grandpa
          in "Little Miss Sunshine". Morbid and
          funny at the same time.
          Bellgaio
          Jo Sea Enterprises
          www.joseavideo.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X