Penn South Website, feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn South Website, feedback

Curious about what PS residents and those on the PS waiting list think about the PS website.

I've been told that management and Board think that since only a minority of PS residents regularly use the web, why bother making the website useful...say putting in a robust search function...or really keeping information current.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the PS Board member who has tech background. That person apparently has an undergrad degree in music, then ended up in tech. As for that person being on the House Committee, he was the Vice Chair for only a month or two, and, for all his years on the House Committee, barely initiated any new business in the House Committee. See for yourself by reading the House Committee minutes on the PS website. You think the House Committee minutes are current on the website?

Re: Penn South Website, feedback

never been on the website- it seems to be hard to get on . somehow its not under my name as main cooperator and doesnt let me on. this is totally a joke as my husband is considered main cooperator when we are both equal- same with the listing downstairs which they never changed by maibox and doesnt list my initial but his as ony one cooperators initial appears since HVAC- i tried to get on the site but its too much a pain to bother

Comment

Sweeney, that's a very interesting post. I wonder whether people would use the board more if it was made more informative and easier to communicate on. As it is now, it's so far behind the times that I don't waste my time even trying to go on there. We have a lot of younger people getting into PS now and I think it may be that a new bulletin board with a new look would make it more attractive. Perhaps with some good publicity I'll bet we'd get a whole new audience. This may be a good topic to pursue.

Comment

Originally posted by momjo526 View Post
        never been on the website- it seems to be hard to get on . somehow its not under my name as main cooperator and doesnt let me on. this is totally a joke as my husband is considered main cooperator when we are both equal- same with the listing downstairs which they never changed by maibox and doesnt list my initial but his as ony one cooperators initial appears since HVAC- i tried to get on the site but its too much a pain to bother
        Contact the Management Office. They will help you get on the website.

Comment

I am on the wait list, so I obviously don't have access to everything, but I have been able to access my wait-list status quite easily. It's been great to be able to see where I stand as far as numbers go.

Comment

Haha! I thought clickYourBlock was the Penn South website!!

Comment

Jonathan, I think those of us who use this Board also think of it as a Penn South board because it's our only way to communicate. We're so grateful to you for providing this.

Comment

even though I live in penn south I like to bring up new places opening in chelsea which by the way would include a new bar on west 29th st where the barber school was between 7th and 8th Ave. and a juice bar on 8th Avenue which has new owners and also offers home cooked meals around 30th St.- penn south side- look for the moussaka maybe on the weekend. yesterday was roasted chicken and potatoes- i passed on it- waiting for moussaka,- greek owned business

Comment

Ah, it's my pleasure magpie! The only reason I keep it up is for you guys! I'm glad it's meaningful to you.

Comment

Working...
                  X