$500+movers' Cert of Insurance+owners' Coop Insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $500+movers' Cert of Insurance+owners' Coop Insurance

To my PS neighbors: what do you folks think about hoops we have to jump through to move furniture out and in where the move is NOT as a new owner or departing owner?

I understand that our buildings and elevators need to be protected from damage...but $500 is a lot of money for many residents if that money is not actually returned within a week or two. Should't the movers' insurance as well as the unit owner's coop insurance be sufficient?

Does anyone know if the $500 deposit is actually returned within 2 weeks? Why can't the $500 be returned in one week?
    ===============

Re: $500+movers' Cert of Insurance+owners' Coop Insurance

You raise an interesting point. But while movers should carry insurance a lot of other things aren't covered. I do think a $500 charge is outrageous though. I don't have first-hand experience with this but I've heard that it's taken up to four weeks for people to get their money back. Maybe this is something we can address at the October annual meeting. There should be a less expensive way of handling moves.

Comment

Re: $500+movers' Cert of Insurance+owners' Coop Insurance

Originally posted by magpie View Post
      You raise an interesting point. But while movers should carry insurance a lot of other things aren't covered. I do think a $500 charge is outrageous though. I don't have first-hand experience with this but I've heard that it's taken up to four weeks for people to get their money back. Maybe this is something we can address at the October annual meeting. There should be a less expensive way of handling moves.
      Seems to me that anyone who has been in PS for more than 5 years would have had contact with the security deposit

I would think the movers' insurance, as required by the PS sample movers' insurance cert, covers what is needed to be covered for purposes of a move of furniture/appliances: e.g., damage to elevator and other building premises and injury to a person.

How does one "address" this issue at the annual meeting. Asking a question, if you're lucky to be called or lucky to have your question read?...that won't change a PS policy. How does one effect a change or re-examination of the policy?

Also, I have heard that the MRH Office is not particularly quick at approving a delivery date.

Comment

Working...
      X