No AC in buildings 6 and 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No AC in buildings 6 and 7

For the last couple of days, there's been no A/C in buildings 6 and 7. Management put a note up two days ago saying that a pipe was broken, but have not offered any new information. Buildings 6 and 7 are buildings that had the HVAC work completed last summer.

I worry about all the elderly people in these building - it's 90 degrees today and more of the same tomorrow. At the very least, management should offer access to a "comfort room" as they did during the HVAC work.

Re: No AC in buildings 6 and 7

I learned my lesson and bought an a/c when they were doing the HVAC work in my building during some reeeeely hot summer time. We knew we weren't going to have a/c and I wasn't going to depend on the air cooling room. However, more to your point, my building (Bldg. 5) is offering a cooling room to the victims, er, um, I mean co-opters who still have to suffer through the HVAC work. I would hope that they would extend privileges to those from any building without a/c.

Comment

the air cooling did come on in building 7 nd i would assume same for building 6 yesterday

Comment

Oh boy..I'm a new cooperator and I didn't even know there was a "comfort room". My building 8 is currently in the middle of HVAC and they won't get to my unit until the end of June according to the schedule and yesterday I was sitting in my apt waiting aka baking in the heat for a delivery.

Does the whole process take a month from when they start work on your unit until it finishes? Does the AC start working right away or do we need to wait until its all done?

Comment

you will not have air conditioning this year- sorry to say

Comment

After going through this last year, I think it is worth the effort. Only complaint was not having somewhere to ask questions. But, this year, I love what I have. Hopefully, HVAC has learned from mistakes because I can say for me it was all worth it.

Comment

yep pretty chilly- works much better then what we had= but kind of weird= goes on and off- not wild about the way it runs

Comment

Momjo -- what do you mean goes on and off? If you mean it goes off when it reaches the desired temperature then there's nothing wrong with the machine. For example, if you have it set to 78 degrees, it will go off when it reaches 78, but when it goes higher than 78 it will start cooling again. If it's anything more than that you should let the HVAC office take a look.

Comment

its fine magpie- obviously the way it is meant to work I guess

Comment

Originally posted by momjo526 View Post
                    its fine magpie- obviously the way it is meant to work I guess
                    The new convectors do go on as off, as appropriate, if the convector is on Auto mode. Certainly the new units work much better than the old units overall. It seems though that the new units work better in some apartments better than in other apartments...possibly because of the layout.

I would not give up any A/Cs because there will be days when the convectors might go down for mechanical reasons. And, the convectors do NOT remove humidity as some A/Cs do. And, the convector thermostats only take the temperature at the location of the convector. So, thinking out loud, spots in an apartment many feet away from convectors will likely be cooler or warmer than the auto temperature. My two cents.
                    ==============

Comment

Working...
                    X