Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Slamming one solution

Hi,

It's recently been brought to my attention that one can put these round discs (rubber bumpers or stoppers) on the door frame which helps mitigate the sound of the door slamming. I haven't investigated this myself but it sounds like a good idea.

Cheers, m'snot

Re: Door Slamming one solution

Hi m'snot - Thank you for the information on the rubber disks. If you do find out more, like where one can purchase them, I'd sure be interested. Maybe it's something Penn South can install in all doors. Though I doubt they would. I'll be on the look out for them.

Comment

HEHEHE

I just had a thought. If we could find them, most likely at a hardware store, we could ring our neighbors and casually place them on their doorframes during the conversation.

Am I evil?

Comment

Evil or not, I like the idea. Since I think the neighbor would notice this move, I think one should bake a cake!

Comment

Here's how to get two birds with one stone to: (1) Muffle the sound of slamming doors and (2) Stop drafts (and menu's) from entering around the perimeter of the door. Call Penn South?s Maintenance (212-675-8181) and tell them air drafts are coming into your apartment around the door frame. Maintenance will install narrow felt strips with a sticky backing around the door frame so that the door?s two sides and its top will make contact with that stripping. I believe there is no charge for this. There is available a metal and rubber strip for the bottom of the door, for a charge. A Wednesday evening appointment might be available for Maintenance to do the installation.

Of course your noisy neighbor(s) will have to be persuaded to have this done.

Comment

Thank you North Star for your suggestion to help muffle door slamming. I set up an appointment to get the felt strips for the door frame and a metal strip for the bottom of the door. Maintenance charges $10 for the metal strip. They begin work on our new elevators next week and hope this will help with dust and make closing a door a quieter affair. Maybe my neighbors will be interested! Thanks again.

Comment

THIS HAS BEEN DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR ''DOOR SLAMMING''. IT IS FITTED AT THE TOP OF THE DOOR AND CLOSES THE DOOR QUIETLY AND SMOOTHLY.COMES WITH A TEMPLATE WHICH ALLOWS FOR EASY INSTALLATION.DOOR DOES NOT NEED TO BE DISMANTELED / REMOVED. HYDRAULIC MECHANISM. ITEM IS AVAILABLE AT PRESENT BY POST / MAIL. SHIPPING COSTS TO THE USA IS 11 EURO AND TO EU COUNTRIES 8 EURO APPROX. PER ITEM. EMAIL INFOSLAMFIX@YAHOO.COM . PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD USING PAYPAL ONLINE PAYMENT FACILITY. DETAILS REGARDING PRICES OF PRODUCT ETC AVAILABLE ALL INQUIRIES WELLCOME.
              Attached Files

Comment

my door was closing loudly (slamming) for years. until a guy from maintenance came to fix something else, and he noticed the door was loud and hard to close because something was off. it took him 15 seconds to fix. I've had a lot of maintenance guys here over the years, no one mentioned the door or offered to fix it.

Comment

I share a wall with a very annoying neighbor who lets his door slam. I've tried many times to tell him to just hold the doorknob until the door closes but this has been going on for too long now for me to hold my anger. I like his wife so I don't want to get involved in a feud, but I hate the husband. Actually, hate is too mild to describe how I feel about this nut. To make matters worse, he's retired and he leaves and returns so many times a day that one morning from 8AM until noon when I left I had already counted over a dozen slams. Do I report this to Maintenance and ask them to put something on their door? Do I then have to make arrangements with these neighbors for them to be home? How do I handle this?

Comment

well you could file a grievance but then again you like the wife- ask corporate council maybe

Comment

lol

Comment

lol
                        What's funny?

Comment

oh magpie they find grieveance funny= ok so it might be useless but worth a try

Comment

Originally posted by magpie View Post
                            What's funny?
                            Its funny because you like the wife and can't seem to find a way to ask him nicely to stop with the door slam. So I was thinking of maybe calling someone that slams door a door banger...? So that's the reason I was laughing...calling someone that slams doors a door banger .

I have to admit, sometimes when the kitchen window is open, and I open the entry door, the draft is so strong the wind takes control and slams my door. It happens probably once or twice a year. Mostly during the summer time.

I hope things work out for you.

Comment

I've repeatedly asked him nicely, but to no avail. I've also spoken to the wife. I've also left a note under their door -- nothing works. But as to your suggestion of calling him a "banger", I've silently called him many names but "banger" was not one of them!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X