Dryers in the Penn South Laundry Room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dryers in the Penn South Laundry Room

I'm in Building 3. At least a month or six weeks ago, I noticed that the dryers were not as hot in the laundry room. The first time, I thought maybe I just picked a bad machine. Second time, I thought it must be my craziness about having my clothing not feeling soft enough if they don't get hot. Oh, and bed bugs--I don't want to catch anyones bed bugs, and if the dryers aren't hot enough, they can hitchhike home. So I started asking around the laundry room and found some other cooperators here had noticed it too.

Anyone else notice it in their buildings? I'm just wondering if the heat was deliberately cut by either Hercules or Penn South. I just know that something is wrong when I have a small load of laundry comprised of thin cotton and cotton blend apparel in the dryer for 54 minutes and they are barely warm when they come out of the dryer.

Re: Dryers in the Penn South Laundry Room

Have you reported this problem on the service terminal in the laundry room and called maintenance? Doesn't sound like things are OK.

Comment

Originally posted by coop member View Post
      Have you reported this problem on the service terminal in the laundry room and called maintenance? Doesn't sound like things are OK.
      I tried more than once to type a complaint on the terminal (which is a challenge, the "touch" on the tablet is not very responsive.) But each time, I was bounced out while I was in process.

Comment

no one cares about the boomer generation- i found that touch screen a challenge myself- not used to them- dont have a smart phone LOL

Comment

I know there was work done to the dryers yesterday in building 7 - not sure if this is at all related.

I also saw a team of exterminators enter building 7 today. I hope it's something routine, but i wasn't able to ask.

Comment

yes it probably was routine because by the compactor on my floor was a sign up not to open as they sprayed. I know this is done on a regular basis and it was wednesday when the extermnator is here. doyou really think they got rid of mice

Comment

Originally posted by kafkaesque View Post
              I tried more than once to type a complaint on the terminal (which is a challenge, the "touch" on the tablet is not very responsive.) But each time, I was bounced out while I was in process.
              Yes the touch-screens in the laundry rooms are touch INSENSITIVE!
              Be persistent...you can also leave your email on the compliant so that you are advised when the complained-of problem is fixed by Hercules. I have complained several times about the dryers in my building and was informed via email when the problem was fixed.
              ===============

Comment

Working...
              X