Building 10 no gas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building 10 no gas

Due to a gas leak in building 10, affectionately known as Siberia, we will be with out gas for two weeks! Two weeks with out the ability to use the oven. Management is kindly supplying hot plates but what about my brownies? Seriously does that seem unreasonable? What else should PS do, if anything to mitigate the inconvenience.

Re: Building 10 no gas

i heard about this yesterday- do not know what else management can do

Comment

I lived without a working oven for quite awhile. You'd be surprised how you can adapt. Use the hotplate Penn South gave you, and then use all the other appliances you probably have and ignore for cooking: toaster oven, crock pot, electric kettle, microwave. Brownies come out fine in a toaster oven.

Comment

Whether or not you're going to use a hotplate, this is a good time to check the batteries and operability of your smoke and CO detectors. Also make sure that all gas appliances are turned off. If you smell gas, call the Fire Department immediately.

Comment

snap not sure if you live here in penn south but after each annual apartment inspection they are putting in new compliant smoke alarms. and by the way they go off more often then the old ones. you have to press the button to stop the alarm. anyone else having issues with the new smoke alarms? reminds me to clean my oven otherwise goes off

Comment

Here are some of the suggestions I've gotten on other social media about how the coop should mitigate: Pay for all take out meals, pay for microwave oven purchase, pay for all laundry, pay for stay in hotel or motel.

Comment

I think it's a con ed problem also. Contact your insurance carrier, may be they will help you get by if you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolphindave View Post
                Due to a gas leak in building 10, affectionately known as Siberia, we will be with out gas for two weeks! Two weeks with out the ability to use the oven. Management is kindly supplying hot plates but what about my brownies? Seriously does that seem unreasonable? What else should PS do, if anything to mitigate the inconvenience.
                If you were unhappy about the gas interruption, you may want to have a word with your building 10 Council reps. In the Coop Council minutes of May 28, 2015, your building Council representatives praised Penn South management for fixing that gas problem after one month of no gas. Go figure...
                ===============

Comment

THE WAIT WAS A CON ED ISSUE, IF PENN SOUTH DIDN'T PUSH IT WOULD PROBABLY HAVE TAKEN SEVERAL MONTHS TO TURN BACK ON. EVER SINCE THE EXPLOSIONS IN THE VILLAGE AND EAST HARLEM, CON ED IS DOING EVERYTHING BY THE BOOKS. WE WOULDN'T WANT ANY PROBLEMS LIKE THAT.

Comment

Working...
                  X