Gristedes and CVS rant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gristedes and CVS rant

Gristedes continues to over charge on sale items, the computerized cash register doesn't have the sale price. I was told they could only change the computer at the main office. I requested that this be done for the item I purchased, but I doubt they will do it.

CVS has this big thing, check yourself out. But I had to exchange something, and there was NO real cashier. I had to wait 10 minutes for one to come. We should be charging them, not the other way around. If I am going to do their work, I want to be paid for it.

Re: Gristedes and CVS rant

CVS - I try to stay away as I hate self serve and true if you have issues they do make you wait. As far as gristedes goes new cash registers are on the way so wait and see. you just need to know your prices. I actually bought ice tea in gristedes last week and the cashier- someone knew to the daytime told me immedately that the attached coupon was missing. I luckily had another one on me we used because another time a different cashier didnt take off the coupon and i didnt notice until I got home . that cashier has been in the store for a few years- so its hit and miss like any other market i guess

Comment

The Gristedes on 24th and Ninth has signs by the registers stating that if there's an overcharge on any item, you get the item for free. The problem is that at least 95% of the items in that store are not marked with the price, so there's no way of knowing.

Woodstock, I agree with you that "we should be charging them, not the other way around." That 24th Street store is a pigsty.

I read an article last week that John Catsimatidis realized that he had over 1,000 cases of bottled water which he had labeled with his name and photo as a campaign gimmick last year. He's now selling it in Gristedes and thinks it will take off the way Billy Beer did in the dim past.

Comment

LOL funny you mentioned that bottled water- Iwas in the 26th st store and I noticethe botttles- are they crazy- they would be better off donating the water-who in their right mind is going to buy that water- LOL-a tourist maybe and there are plenty of them- the price is outraegeous for advertised water-

Comment

Originally posted by momjo526 View Post
          LOL funny you mentioned that bottled water- Iwas in the 26th st store and I noticethe botttles- are they crazy- they would be better off donating the water-who in their right mind is going to buy that water- LOL-a tourist maybe and there are plenty of them- the price is outraegeous for advertised water-
          J just laughed very hard! This is so true. I have a serious question. Other than proximity, why would anyone shop at Gristede's? There are many better and cheaper markets in the neighborhood: Fairway, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, NSA/Ideal to name a few. Thoughts?

Comment

Hey, Catalyst, how ya' doing? Long time no hear!

I agree that there are better and cheaper, but they're inconvenient, especially for the elderly, handicapped and anyone who's just too tired to carry bags from Sixth or Seventh Avenue or 28th Street after a full day of work (I guess that my very early-onset middle age is beginning to show). It would be great if the local politicians would pressure the landlords to bring in other chain grocers or mom-and-pop stores instead of banks, nail salons, "boutique" pastry shops and chain drug stores. The spaces taken by banks, for example, could easily provide "doc-in-the-box"-type grocery stores which would foster competition and provide healthful alternatives to some of the grossly over-priced stuff pushed by "Johnny Cats". I've always wondered who, especially a pseudo-politician, would pick a nickname that was already applied to cat litter. The roach pit that he has in London Terrace would be a disgrace to any owner with a conscience, and it has been so for many years. In fact, I'm surprised that the Towers even allows such a filthy storefront on the property.

Comment

yes there are 2 reasons people will shop in my local gristedes. one being the senior population in penn south can not travel far and many rely on that tues.ten percent senior discount. Also they are a union store and remember many ofthe penn south residentas prefer shopping union but that said so is fairway. got to look at it in many ways. ==the gristedes stores are cleaner then you think-they do maintain the floors on a regular basis andi cant say thats what ideal market does on 9th ave. never seen a floor waxer over there. anyway lets see what happens when gristedes leases are up. they certainly can;t be making money. I was at fairway and trader joes this week and the lines are pretty long while the only time gristedes is when there is a snow storm, Ideal gives FIT students discounts and even had a sign up welcoming them back while gristedes only has senior discount and no welcome FIT plus they had stuff in front of the store for the college student- pretty obvious their target- that was smart marketing but the water LOL I laughed so hard to myself

Comment

When "Cats" was running for mayor, I seem to recall a New York Times editorial noting that how can we trust him to clean up the city when he can't clean up his own stores.

Comment

he sure is cleaning up his stores- his officers from the store will be moving out of headquarters and moving into the store location in their basement- so now you will have all the VP inspecting the store all day LOL- mr CAT saw fit to put other people in their offices and move them out to the store location LOL

Comment

I'll believe that when the London Terrace roach pit is cleaned and kept clean and properly maintained. They've been installing minimally-refurbished refrigerators for the past several months. Looking at the motors and other components that are viewable during installation, one can see that the innards have not even been wiped down, as the outside of the unit has. Also, take a look at the floor in front of the deli section that has been covered by mats for at least the past four years since loose tiles were ripped up and never replaced. Another issue is that when shopping there immediately after they open for the day, supposedly frozen foods have been defrosted over-night.

The organization has an unusual management style if they're only now getting around to having corporate executives inspecting the individual locations if I correctly understand what you're saying.

Comment

no corpoate V:P. do go to the stores as needed and do check out various dept. this has always been the case. what I said is that all the important VP are being moved out of the corporate office and are having their offices in one of the gristedes stores= not yours on 9th ave. JOHN C feels its more important to move other people into the corporate office uptown and therefore moving all the important VP's into the store LOL- imagine how he treats his VP- dumping them in the basement of a store while more important people in john c life are being moved into the former space- what joke- plus making an important area used by employees smaller- oh and the exterminator does come weekly to all the stores. he works for an outside company

Comment

For me, Gristedes is only of use on Tuesdays, and if I absolutely can't walk farther than 26 st.

Comment

you are not alone- a lot of people only shop there on senior discount day- actually not all gristedes stores have the senior discount- i guess they want to keep the cooperator happy LOL- they dont even offer their employees a discount- its only a tax write off for the owner- his water is still around the store- i think it was 5 bucks when i looked last

Comment

Originally posted by momjo526 View Post
                            you are not alone- a lot of people only shop there on senior discount day- actually not all gristedes stores have the senior discount- i guess they want to keep the cooperator happy LOL- they dont even offer their employees a discount- its only a tax write off for the owner- his water is still around the store- i think it was 5 bucks when i looked last
                            How do I find out how senior discount day works? I need to know when I get to the right age. Yes, I know I could ask at the store.

Comment

From what I understand, you just have to sign up for their customer loyalty card.

Comment

Working...
                              X