On Wait List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: On Wait List

Well said, get move involved if you're not happy instead of just complaining.

Comment

For those who don't like negative comments, I think you're missing a very important point. It doesn't mean a person should move out if they're unhappy with something -- that's a really mean thing to say or even suggest. It simply means it's a way of looking at something that might need some looking into for possible change. Change doesn't happen in a vacuum. I think this Board is for people to feel free to exchange their ideas, and some of those ideas may be very healthy to think about. There's a lot wrong with our country -- doesn't mean we can't talk about what bothers us -- doesn't mean we want to live anywhere else -- just means we don't enjoy sitting passively by and letting what's wrong go unnoticed. I'd rather hear negativity and know what bothers someone than be with people who are always nice, afraid of anger, and then hit you with an underhanded blow you never knew was coming. Those are the ones I'm really afraid of, not the ones who are up front about their feelings.

Comment

Nicely said Magpie, so get involved and work on change. If you want to be critical, make suggestions on how to do it better. Be more proactive rather than comment passively. Easy to write that the Board does this and management does that, what would you do ?

Comment

good point magpie- what does negative comments have to do with being involved-trust me I am more involved then most- been there- done that- nowis the time for me not to be so involved- all i was saying was more imput from cooperators-seems we have no say-thats all- as far as shoddy work- it wasnt me that noticed but other folks mentioned it to me - for what its worth it looks ok- but in this place they are known for not giving us the best in the past

Comment

I mentioned this Board to someone in my buildling. "Oh," he said, that Board is full of rumors!" Sheesh! All I see is free discussion. Yes, rumors are discussed and then squashed. And, all without getting nasty attitude. Online attitude is easier to handle than the real life version, at least, I think so.

Comment

Coop Member -- who said I don't get more involved? I certainly don't passively comment (which, by the way, is a very surreptitious bit of hostility on your part. Exactly the kind of comment I resent from those who think they're goody, goodies and actually hit from behind when you don't know it's coming).You don't have to be a member of the Board to be involved. You can also talk to the proper people to start the ball rolling on some idea or other. If you're very involved, and if you're on the Board, I'd love to know what you're doing to protect the cooperators 'cause from what I see and hear people comment about is that a lot of us are being treated less than dirt.

Comment

sorry you feel like you're treated like less than dirt. Talk about what that is, maybe if enough do you'll see change.

Comment

I understand that if you are on the wait list that there is a lengthy wait, but how much time is given from the time you are offered an apt to the time you can close?

Also, if anyone who was on the 2003 list can tell me what their number on the list was and how long their wait was it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Comment

I think you're going to see a big difference in wait times, probably because of the various apartment choices available. For me, I chose a studio (low floor, no balcony) and got here within eight years. I've heard that some people waited 10, 15 and even 20 years -- maybe because they didn't take the first apartments shown and got put back on the list, etc. I don't think anyone really knows how this works -- if indeed there really is some way to tell -- which I doubt. Whether this is true or not I'm not even sure. But when a new tenant moved in on my floor I happened to be home and went to greet them and was told they got in within two years. Maybe they had a very low number on the lottery. Do you know what number they gave you? That might help you in trying to figure out whether you have a short or long wait.

Comment

One the candidates to the Board brought up the issue of not announcing changes. She was elected. Maybe she'll bring this matter up in future meetings.

Comment

Thank you for the information. I do not have my official wait-list number, but I'm sure it will take some time to process all the applications. The initial application letter says that the number on your application (the order in which you were drawn in the lottery) is not your wait-list number. I completely understand that there will be a wait.

Thanks again.

Comment

yes there will be a wait- i know many people have waited as much as 15 years but obviously the new lottery is different and i think wait shorter now then it used to be. the neighborhood has really changed from the time we moved in. good luck- it is now a very dersirable neighborhood

Comment

I was told that the last numbers on your application will give you an idea of where you are on the wait list. Your number will only improve since not everyone will return their applications. Good luck!

Comment

yes how true as just today we got the papers under the door and it does look like a lot of people arent returning their applications and the co=op has decided to give extra time in returning them now

Comment

How unbelievable is it that people went to the trouble of obtaining postcards and mailing them in and then not filling out the application and returning it? I'll bet that it is the application fee that is stopping many from applying. They just can't see the forest for the trees. Too bad that a back up number of cards were not drawn and held in abeyance for a situation like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X