Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: On Wait List

Originally posted by coop member View Post
    The Board minutes indicate that a professional team came up with color selections working with a board committee for lobby designs. I think they did a great job and in my building most cooperators seem to agree,
    Professional team?!!!!!! It seems to me that the wall paper is mismatched. The tree pattern is nice,but there are other patterns that are mismatched.

Comment

one of the cooperators showed me the shabby work- said the formica is shabby crap-something on the bottom want right either so I mentioned it to our corporate council rep so he is aware of it- but I think its too late or the job wasnt completely finished when the cooperator showed me the issues

Comment

Where is there formica?

Comment

look at the walls by elevator- that tan stuff- look around you- you will see it- I myself never thought of it but this cooperator said its formica. I'm not totally sure- maybe someone else can weigh in if it really is

Comment

Yes, I noticed the thing that looked like formica too. I wonder if that design is going to be used in all lobbies. Looked like they wanted to save on money. Well, at least the main entrance looks great. A few potted plants would be nice.

Comment

It's stone to protect the areas that get the most traffic, paper would have been cheaper but would have needed replacement on a regular basis. One of the contractors said it's very durable and a smart idea since the paper was a problem in some of the earlier buildings.

Comment

ok thanks co op member- guess it would have been nice for management to let us know what is being used

Comment

I believe it was in the board minutes.

Comment

Swanstone, not formica.

Comment

never heard of swanstone

Comment

Is it this? Swanstone Products?

http://swanstoneproducts.com/mm5/mer...ry_Code=SWNSTN

Comment

i did the same thing you did and searched and also found that link. seems this material is used in bathrooms but what would you expect from this co-op

Comment

If you keep reading it talks about decorative wall panels and durability. Why always a negative comment on Penn South?

Comment

If you keep reading it talks about decorative wall panels and durability. Why always a negative comment on Penn South?
                              Exactly.

Comment

Agreed. We should all be thankful that we have the good fortune to live in one of the best neighborhoods in NYC for such reasonable rates. For those who are unhappy with the way things are managed, you have plenty of options. Run for the Co-op Council or Board of Directors. Or you can move out. They're building plenty of new housing over by the Highline.

Comment

Working...
                                X