On Wait List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: On Wait List

yes I would think studio apt do turn over faster because a lot of people switch over to one bedroom after living in studio- they go on the list of course and i believe there is a certain amount of time to wait from the time you have lived in studio to switching over to one bedroom list. I guess otherwise the wait for a one bedroom is long so better chance of getting the studio

Comment

Originally posted by Lexington View Post
      What I remember is that on the initial application, there was no choice of apartments. I was sent to look at the one bedroom apartments that were available in all buildings and on all floors. It was on the apartment transfer application that we could choose building, apartment line, high or low floors.
      Further to the above, on the initial application I was given the choice of a balcony or no balcony.

Comment

It is changing right now. It's an issue. In addition insiders will be given one shot as well. You can still name what you want and if it fits the criteria, it's yours, if not, stay where you are forever. As you know there are many different apartment layouts, etc. and if you close the gap, you could wait a very long time (like 20 years). Before as you know, as an inside list, you had unlimited choice, now there is again, take it or leave it. Inside and outside, one choice.

Outside - 3 rejections: will be NO rejections

Inside- Unlimited rejections: will be NO rejections

This is not a done deal, make your voice heard! Plenty of forums to do that right now, it's election time.

Comment

i always wonder why cooperators arent notified about changes- the board does what they want as does management- even the change in the exercise room was not with any regular cooperators imput= no choices- its like whats best for the co-op and they all agree. not that its a bad thing as it will work out fine but at least notify the gym members that you are thinking about a change before its a done deal- this is how the co- op rolls- no choice in color sceme for lobbies. why that dreadful tan color= why not a suddle wedgewood blue or sage green- perfectly acceptable and not as boring

Comment

Momjo, I'm completely in agreement with you about the colors. I think this nauseating brown or tan is disgusting. It gives such a depressing look to the place. For what they spend (and waste) on other things they could definitely look into changing the paint to make the buildings more cheerful.

I think the Board does what it wants because they've always gotten away with doing it that way. It would take a more aggressive stand by the cooperators to voice their discontent and change things. Unfortunately, most people here are either too scared or just too passive to say or do anything.

I noticed that there were many views of my topic but no answers to what the difference is between ACC and LEAPS. My guess is that either no one really knows or they just don't care, which kind of indicates that there isn't much momentum in the way of groups that might butt heads with the current leadership.

Comment

The choice of lobby colors were selected by a vote in each building. Changes in external waiting lists were in the Board's minutes, good to read them sometimes. Right now there are no changes that I am aware of for internal transfers, but correctly stated, the more selective you are the longer the wait.

Comment

no the lobby wall paper design was chosen from each building out of aselection from the board but as far as color scheme that was NOT a cooperators choice - color scheme remains drab beige because one board member picked the color= all i said was they could have picked a nicer shade of wallpaper like sage green or wedgewood blue- much nicer

Comment

On the inside list you can state what buildings, floors, and keep it either narrow or wide. However as soon as one comes up with your stated criteria, you get it, or you're gone. There are so many variables, it would be nice to be shown maybe 3 and choose from them. But no, not anymore. It's being blamed on management who are working too hard, on HPD who's given a "directive", or on both, depending who you talk to, when.

And the people on the outside list get the shaft even worse. They can be put just about anywhere and should be grateful (that's either stated or implied). In 3 years, they can move, of course under the first guidelines.

This is not in keeping with what Penn South is supposed to be all about. It goes from one extreme to another, very unlike it's founding ideals.

Comment

There seems to be a lot of confusion about internal moves. The rules should be explained in a future newsletter which could help clarify what really occurs.

Comment

yes when the board of directors make a change we ought to be notified of any changes. you would think huh

Comment

The Board minutes indicate that a professional team came up with color selections working with a board committee for lobby designs. I think they did a great job and in my building most cooperators seem to agree,

Comment

not sure what your building is but a lot of people in my building do not like the beige color. I like the design- tree of life my building voted on. I didnt vote for extra benches but it got in as did the benches i did not like. a few people including the mailman dont like our wallpaper. i love it= cant please all- all considered its lovely and i love the ceiling dropwhen you walk in main entrance and the small lighting by mail area- very classy overall

Comment

Yes Barbarinna, I heard the same thing. It's not in effect yet, and doesn't have to be. It's a management and board idea and really should not happen! If management needs help, they can hire someone part time to help, if the few apartments are turned down because of they are near the garbage, then enclose it. In other words do some marketing for the apartments (very few) that are undesirable, and create a more effective and efficient way to deal with the others and/or employ some more part time help!

The answer IS NOT to slap someone into an apartment with no choice at all,that is the opposite of what Penn South has done for 50 years because it is mistreating people who are just coming here. And allow for a few choices in internal transfers, which would be more limiting to what's now allowed, but fair and respectful of shareholders.

It's also important if you feel the same way to voice your opinion. It is only select people on the (1 or 2 or more?)BOARD and MANAGEMENT. HPD has had and still has nothing whatever to do with this, unless our board and management ask them to.

Comment

a lot of people may not like a low floor - and especially one with a terrible view of the garbage bins etc.- some people prefer a low floor though for various reasons, afraid of elevator, religious reasons etc.- some people may not want to be close to the soup kitchen etc.- I just am amazed how they can just change things here so easily without cooperators imput- doesnt seem so democratic- ,most people dontwant the small G line in double building- will stay there and then wait for bigger one bedroom- a lot of people move into a studio and then have to wait for one bedroom- i dont think its a great idea to have to move twice-

Comment

People who move into a studio do so because that's the lottery list they were on. If they want a larger apt later they can move. They cannot be offered 1BR apts instead of the studio which is where they are externally. Not sure what momjo526 is suggesting:

a lot of people move into a studio and then have to wait for one bedroom- i dont think its a great idea to have to move twice-

Comment

Working...
                                X