Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSFOR.US - A place to discuss Penn South?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSFOR.US - A place to discuss Penn South?

I guess most Penn South people here got a flyer under their door to join a talk group specifically for co-operators to talk about Penn South. I took a look at it and noticed that you can't join unless you give permission for it to access your google, twitter or Facebook accounts. That means no anonymity.

I'd rather post here without someone reading my words and twisting them.

http://psfor.us is the site name. They claim it is the latest threaded discussion technology - traceable. Says it is independent and not affiliated with the management or the Board. I like the Chelsea click your block format better.

Re: PSFOR.US - A place to discuss Penn South?

yes I notuced that as well- i am not ready to give up my cover- i have no idea who is behind this new thing. I could have done a similar thing I guess LOL-well anyway it isnt me- i am so curious who is on there as well. I also got on there but I dont want it on facebook so I did not look further. gee its something i could have done but I am not so computer savy LOL- i will haveto ask around as I am curious, maybe someone at the BBQ knows

Comment

I did not get a flier about a Penn South online community discussion. I'm glad it's an independent group, but like you, I prefer not to mix my worlds right now. There are many pending issues, but the HVAC ongoing saga and its impact on whats being done now as well as large projects in the future is an important focus that must be dealt with. If we want to have major projects go well (not like this debacle) then the "mystery" of what went wrong here must be solved, so that future large projects, like replacing and updating plumbing and electric, run smoothly and there are no more 40 million dollar mishaps!

Comment

I didn't get a flier either, and probably wouldn't want a discussion site where I have to identify myself. That's just a bit too invasive and quite a lot of nerve. Not having seen the flier, however, I can't respond to the way it was worded. In any event, we all know the HVAC work was (is) a nightmare. I'm hoping tenants will have a lot to say about this at the annual meeting, which I guess will be in October.

Comment

I forgot to ask around at the BBQ- it seems only to be distributed in certain buildings maybe- I'l get to the bottom of this LOL- I'm nosy

Comment

Love it, Momjo! Go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by magpie View Post
              I didn't get a flier either, and probably wouldn't want a discussion site where I have to identify myself. That's just a bit too invasive and quite a lot of nerve. Not having seen the flier, however, I can't respond to the way it was worded. In any event, we all know the HVAC work was (is) a nightmare. I'm hoping tenants will have a lot to say about this at the annual meeting, which I guess will be in October.
              Cooperators could have had a lot to say at the last annual meeting, but they didn't. Why would the upcoming meeting be different?

Comment

You make a great point. Forgive me if I don't remember a lot of last year's meeting -- I'm glad I'm not at the stage yet where I find my keys in the refrigerator -- but I think some cooperators did try to talk about HVAC but got cut off or given a lot of party line mumbo jumbo. Like most meetings, the cooperators are afraid to really sound off so there's not much confrontation. There's questions and tensions, but hardly confrontation. Come to think of it, I'm not sure anything would be accomplished by direct confrontation anyway because the cooperators are treated like &*%$...you can fill in the blank.

What could be done at this meeting? I'm serious. We can scream about the mice as a result of some walls not being closed properly. We can (first three bldgs) scream about having to undergo the nightmare over again because of shoddy work from the first team, we can scream about having to take apart any built-ins, maybe even some theft -- but what can we do about all that? Can we ask for rebates? Can we get any kind of satisfaction of our grievances? What kinds of things can we address or hope to address there? Suggestions?

Comment

i usually go to the annual meeting- missed last years and not sure yet if i can make it this year- I would think people in building 8 will have a lot to say with HVAC starting- I do think some of the ideas in this new group sound good to me- guess if you are interesting in a contractor- I'm not- recomendations, things like that may come in handy but then again we can go to this site always and ask- I wish we had a better say in lobby decorations color wise-that ugly tan color is safe- how about sage green next time-still in good taste- I do like the pattern of bldg 7 wallpaper with tree of life- i did vote on it- it looks very nice

Comment

Originally posted by magpie View Post
                    Suggestions?
                    personally, I think it should be less about those quality of life issues surrounding the project because they are temporary (and management doesn't care anyway.) it's about the money. how could a project go so terribly wrong and cost so much more than originally planned? it's mindboggling. in the corporate world, people get fired for screwing up less than what happened here.

Comment

you see every detail that went into our lobby renovation- from changes in the lighting- new lights, spot lights,change of entrance way lights- that was a lot of work and a lot of labor- so no wonder the project cost so much- to me the new bench in our building was not necessary- most of us liked what we had and they were in excellant condition= but heck they needed to get rid of it= right? waste of our money- I'll be it if we took a vote it would be high that we keep ehat we had- ours was different from other buildings- we are paying for mistakes they made along the way-changing over to sims

Comment

I agree it's about the money -- but what can we do about it? Is there any way we who are having to pay for this can ask for some relief?

Comment

I had my hand up for the whole Q&A portion of meeting. They never got to me. I don't think it was intentional, though perhaps they only picked people whom they knew?

I was prepared to say pretty much what someone hear said: Where's the outrage? In any business, if you took on a project like this and had such a cost overrun, you would be fired. Add to that that there was an employee STEALING from Penn South's management office and it didn't go detected for some time. Then add to that that it is always so unpleasant dealing with anyone -- I swear, anyone -- in the management office or security. (Well, there might be a few exceptions, but the rudeness is beyond anything I would expect.) Put it all together and I think there should have been a change in management almost immediately as this came to light. But mostly at the meeting, all I heard was praise for management. Look, we all have a great deal living here in Penn South, but it's almost as if that makes management beyond reproach to many cooperators. Things can -- and should -- be run better, I believe. But what can we do? I always vote for Phineas (though I think he's not running this year) just to send the message that we need a different voice on the board, too.

Comment

what meeting- the candidates meeting isnt until oct.?

Comment

Now is the time to get prepared for some of those questions to ask at the annual meeting (October 26th). There are two candidates meetings (Meet The Candidates October 16th at School of Visual Arts) and Informal Meet and Greet the Candidates October 22, Bldg 2B, Community Room). Those are the meetings they've sent out the flyers for and asked for questions in advance. At the annual meeting there should be some "choice" questions asked of the reigning administration.

Comment

Working...
                              X