New to HVAC Mechanical Period

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to HVAC Mechanical Period

Today I came back to my apt, which is in week 3 of HVAC, to find the door unlocked and NOBODY on the floor, no workers, no security. Anyone could have just walked into my apt. When I told Larry about this he said the security men have to cover multiple floors, and are not always there when the doors are unlocked. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. Maybe there should be a sign in sheet in the lobby, and not allow non cooperators entry during this time unless the cooperator they are going to see comes down and gets them.

Comment

you said unlocked - are you telling me totally unlocked- i thought maybe they just unlock top lock like they did for first phase- i was wondering abot that since they dont use blue tape like other company did on other phase- i agree thats wrong- your door shouldbe locked at all times- well security is posted downstairs by the elevator so they see who goes up but there are so many employees - steamfitters, welders etc.- its a big team of people

Comment

hey you woodstock- i just checked with people on myside of thebuilding including corporate council member N.K. and he is aware of the door being open as are others i spoke to today from my building-u r not alone- i think this is terrible

Comment

Originally posted by Woodstock View Post
          Today I came back to my apt, which is in week 3 of HVAC, to find the door unlocked and NOBODY on the floor, no workers, no security.
          this happened when they did my building too.

Comment

This is why I started this thread. It helps to know these things to prepare.

I'm taking my jewelry and other valuables and depositing at my workplace's vault. I'm hoping to get a lock for my bathroom door to keep my cats in.

Comment

Saw a sign from the HVAC office today in the hallway outside my apartment:

"Attention Workers: Please Do Not Hold Doors Open With Objects."

Comment

i saw that today also

Comment

I'm a new cooperator who is hoping to be able to move in by end of June but with all these restrictions going on due to my building being in the middle of some HVAC action, don't know if that will even happen.

So after speaking with the HVAC supervisor he told me that they are moving faster than the schedule that was provided to me. For those of you who have been through this, if the dates on the schedule is changed do they notify you ahead of time?

Comment

From my experience they practically buried us in paper every time they needed to notify us about something. As horrible as that HVAC job was, I think you'll find the men efficient and accommodating. If you should have any concerns, particularly since you're going to be a new tenant and need to know when you can get in, you can call or visit the HVAC office and talk to someone there:
                    365 West 28th Street, Suite A
                    646-388-8626
                    Lots of luck in your new apartment.

Comment

Working...
                    X