New Nail Place next to Duane Reade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Nail Place next to Duane Reade

I decided to try the new nail place next to Duane Reade on 23rd between 8th and 9th since it is right across the street from me. Despite the friendliness and nice demeanor of the ladies there, I have to say the pedicure was horrible. They sit you on a bench with a back pillow, (not the usual massage chair like at other places) and they don't put your feet in a whirlpool bath like most places. She started by filing and cutting nails on my DRY feet. Then she put my feet in coolish still water very briefly, and squirted a tiny amount of lotion in the water. She then took the harsh pumas stone to my feet not trying to concentrate on the dry rough areas, she just ripped my feet apart with wreckless abandon, OUCH! She gave my legs a hard dry massage which was very painful. To make a long story short, I walked out of there with dry scratchy feet! And they charged me $30. My big toe nails are quite uneven and not straight. I will not go back there, beware! Don't be fooled by their sweetness, they are extremely nice but sadly do not know what they are doing.

Re: New Nail Place next to Duane Reade

is this another Bloomie? I can't believe, if so, they don't have all the equipment, or that they'd open before they were ready.

Comment

Uggghhh! How horrible for you "Prince!"

Doesn't sound much like the soothing, finite details paid attention to my feet when getting a pedicure for....$24 at Bloomie's on 8th & 25th, at all.

Sorry you had to be subjected to that. I mean after all, I know at least for me, if my feet aren't in good shape, the rest of me feels yucky! To be sure, there is nothing like a whirlpool after stomping around in the city all day long.

I agree with Girl Friday when she states that they should not open prior to being totally prepared and ready to greet customers.

The other thing is, I passed that "salon" one day, and noticed that the reception desk is like 2 inches from the front door. They weren't opened yet, so I actually couldn't go in and take a look around. I'm wondering though, if the space is small or roomy. Just looking at where they placed that reception area, kind of bothered me for some stupid reason.

Thanks for the warning though, I'll avoid it like the plague.

"CC"

Comment

Yes, thanks for the warning PrinceofChelsea. It's good to know ahead of time - will save us time!

Comment

Originally posted by girlfriday View Post
          is this another Bloomie? I can't believe, if so, they don't have all the equipment, or that they'd open before they were ready.
          no, not a bloomie nail. i believe it's called nails esthetic. i will go back to bloomie nail from now on!

Comment

Good, maybe they'll go out of business and we can get something useful there. Stupid nail salon.
            www.shardsofglass.etsy.com, www.shardsofglassmosaics.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisNYC1213 View Post
              Good, maybe they'll go out of business and we can get something useful there. Stupid nail salon.
              Right on Chris, right on! (Oh my God! Could I BE anymore '70's? )

Comment

My friends and I go to Lafine on 23rd between 6 and 7th Aves. They are pretty consistent no matter who you go to. They have a beautiful pedicure room with a huge skylight. I hate going to Bloomie because the owner of them all drives a yellow Hummer. Ick.

Comment

Cooly:

Okay....the reason you don't go to Bloomie's is because the owner drives a Hummer -- a yellow one no less? Truthfully, I hate Hummer's too. They have to be the most ridiculous vehicle to drive here in the City. I totally hate yellow cars myself. I do of course take taxi's, but would never buy a yellow car.

Alrighty then. Wow, I guess everyone is entitled to their personal choices. But you don't go to Bloomie's for that reason? Is that really the reason or is there another reason you don't like Bloomie's. I've been going there for years and have never really had any issues.

But, I certainly appreciate you suggesting Lafine and maybe someday, I'll get the chance to try that place. It sounds nice there.

"CC"

Comment

Working...
                  X