The Allerton Hotel - update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Allerton Hotel - update

The new owners of the Allerton Hotel ( The Icon Group) attended the Feb. 5, Block Association meeting and reported-

The property may not become a Boutique Hotel but may be converted into apartments. The owners have not yet made a final decision.

The interior (only) will be gutted and take approximately 9 months for renovation.

They also purchased the small building at 306 W. 22nd St and that building will be gutted and converted to apartments.

Re: The Allerton Hotel - update

The framing shop at the Allerton lot has closed....any updates on when the subway will close?

Comment

Originally posted by LeeLee View Post
      The framing shop at the Allerton lot has closed....any updates on when the subway will close?
      I was wondering if that would happen. Too bad, nice guy.

Comment

That is a shame. I always brought my stuff there to be framed or matted. I'm going to miss that place.

There is however, another framing store on 9th Avenue between 22nd & 23rd Sts. if anyone ever needs one. I guess I'll be bringing my stuff there now.

"CC"

Comment

There's also another on 7th between 23rd and 24th that might be in the same price range. The one on 9th is a bit more gallery quality I believe and is probably more pricey.

Comment

Hi there. Been living on w 22nd between 8 and 9 for the last year. So happy the Allerton is getting an update. Any idea what the apartments will be like? Is there any way to get in touch with the Icon Group to keep tabs on progress? Thanks!

Comment

It looks like the frame shop moved a few doors up (or down) 8th ave. and will open soon. Sorry, I missed the address but saw a sign up so anyone interested can check it out.

Comment

its moving in to the former Magic Nails space...

Comment

I stumbled across the following site this evening and have to share it. It seems an indication of how trustworthy these sites are; I don't think I'd be very happy, as a tourist, to step out of a cab and find a "hotel" that's now a hole in the ground. On the other hand, I'd be even less happy - WAY less happy - to step out of a cab and find that my reservation was in the place that used to be there!!

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-1231...lerton_annex-i

Comment

SUBWAY has closed! I saw it shuttered last night with a sign saying that they lost their lease.
                    What do you guys think? My boyfriend thinks they're going to tear the whole building down. I hope not. Not another generic overpriced building!
                    www.shardsofglass.etsy.com, www.shardsofglassmosaics.blogspot.com

Comment

I hope they don't tear it down. The building the Gristedes is in, next door, was a massive disappointment for historic Eighth Avenue. But I am glad that when all those storefronts are renovated, something is finally going to be done about the rat infestation at that corner.

Comment

At the last block association meeting the new owners of the Allerton said they are going to gut the building but not tear it down. They can not build a high rise on that lot due to new zoning laws.
                        The last I heard it is going to be Boutique Hotel/Spa or apartments with a few store fronts.

Comment

Thank God for zoning laws this time. I have no problem with keeping the building and gutting it. NYC has lost so much architecture lately. It's not the most gorgeous building, but, in the right hands, it could come out great.

Predictions for the stores: Starbucks, some bank, a nail salon, and a cell phone store or maybe a dry cleaners.

But as my boyfriend says, "You live in the center of the world, you spoiled brat," so I can't be picky. We have everything if you think about it.

Except a clean affordable supermarket.
                          www.shardsofglass.etsy.com, www.shardsofglassmosaics.blogspot.com

Comment

...and a sandwich shop, Chris. (I really don't love Subway, but it's been tough enough since Bruno lost it's lease.)

Bob, what changes to the zoning laws have been made since the "Gristede's" building went up?

Comment

Ah...Bruno's. I mourn the loss of their Pumpkin Ravioli!

"CC"

Comment

Working...
                              X