• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ALLERTON HOTEL closing!!!!

I checked online and the only IHOP on Livingston St is indeed Brooklyn

Comment

As of yesterday the plywood on the ground level is gone, and so is the plywood part of the scaffolding, although the frames are still there. There are lots of glass windows at ground level now, and they've installed uplighting just below the top floor windows. The complete sign is up, and part of the lobby is built out - you can see what looks like it'll be a concierge desk. It looks pretty good, I think; can't wait to see what the finished lobby will look like. I don't know what the target opening date is, but it looks like it should be fairly soon.

Comment

I do not want to see a chain restaurant there. Those kind of restaurants bring the kind of element that you do not want to see in the neighborhood. I am almost sure we are going to see another pharmacy there...

Comment

So the big gleaming glass windows are now up. The space is shaping up to be something stylish. Anyone know yet what it's going to be?

Comment

I do not know but when i passed by last week I sure noticed it. The space looks totally upscale.

Comment

The Contractor said, they hope to have the hotel open by the end of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by LopezDeVega View Post
                I do not want to see a chain restaurant there. Those kind of restaurants bring the kind of element that you do not want to see in the neighborhood. I am almost sure we are going to see another pharmacy there...
                I agree with you 100%. At least we know it won't be a bank given all the recent drama on Wall Street.
                www.shardsofglass.etsy.com, www.shardsofglassmosaics.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by keithb View Post
                  I was just talking to the woman at the Allerton Laundry, and she was telling me they're closing...the building has been sold and the new owner plans to convert to condos!

Now...THAT's the best news I've heard in YEARS!
                  Looks like it'll be another Gem Hotel (part of a chain). The sign is already up. Bank (what else?) coming in on the ground floor. Here's a photo:

http://www.clarionhotel.com/hotel-ne...ri.UNd1Ng9Jh.6

Comment

Few days ago there was a security guard in front of the Allerton hotel. According to him, a bank is supposed to open in the first floor. Due to the financial crisis, the bank canceled and now they have no idea what is going to happen with the empty space.

Comment

Well, count that as another fringe benefit of the economic crisis! The last thing we needed was another bank. Thank goodness we're getting something good out of this mess. Let's just hope it's not a drugstore instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Phylicita View Post
                        Looks like it'll be another Gem Hotel (part of a chain). The sign is already up. Bank (what else?) coming in on the ground floor. Here's a photo:

http://www.clarionhotel.com/hotel-ne...ri.UNd1Ng9Jh.6
                        The Gem Hotel is a member of The Ascend Collection of Hotels that defines itself as "a network of Historic, Boutique and Unique hotels that gives you an authentic, local experience. It was designed specifically for people who appreciate an upscale hotel with a strong local flair. Member hotels share a passion for delivering attentive service to guests seeking a more experimental travel experience. []And since the properties are independently owned and associated with Choice Hotels?, you get the peace of mind that comes with a national brand.
                        Ascend Collection hotels must embody one of three distinct categories - Historic, Boutique or Unique and show commitment to service excellence." - http://www.ascendcollection.com/?sid=2Ja7M.Sb66Ngwzo.5

National brand consistency while keeping the profits local (hopefully). -CD
                        Need computer assistance?
                        See my Classified/Computer maintenance listing or send me a private message.

Comment

Working...
                        X