Villa Chauvin Salon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Villa Chauvin Salon

The facts of the case are exactly as I stated above. As for my English, I admit I am a non-native speaker, so I have an accent, but I also have a graduate degree, and have been trained to write coherently, so I have less difficulty expressing myself in writing. Accents do not equal a lack of intelligence. I must admit, I was nervous in the salon (the screaming stylist did not help matters) so I let my wife do a lot of the talking. In addition, the receptionist told us she was more comfortable speaking in Spanish, which was fine for us. I have reported the incident to the Dept. of State and Licensing. I was told today that an investigator is still working on the case and that it may take some time before a resolution is reached, as they are very backlogged. I could waste my time by responding to that angry red post above, but I doubt that they would ever agree with the facts of the case. I do have one rhetorical question, though: How can you hear a discussion when you are having your hair blown dry?
    The salon owners have a right to respond, which they did, above. We can now agree to disagree until DOS makes their decision.

Comment

If you want my personal opinion - here it is. I think the guy got his ear nicked as Jay and Tito have admitted - and as we all have once or twice - and he probably freaked out about it. I've had my ears nicked at hair salons. Not often but it has happened. Never occurred to me to ask for an "incident" report. I have a feeling that he probably went overboard in his reaction to getting cut. As far as the other stuff he claims was going on in the salon at the time I have no idea. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

As far as the "goldengirl" incident here - I think Jay and Tito probably overreacted to discovering this blog and understandably wanted to do something to correct what had been said. I think they went overboard in posting as a fake person... but this site is really new and it's the first time some retailers have had the experience of having customers complain in public. I'm sure they'll look back on this someday and realize what a silly move that was. As far as the other two people supporting them - they sound genuine enough and aren't sharing the same IP address with the owner.

So to you guys - Jay and Tito - keep it genuine and keep it real. It works much better for you. I'm sure you have many happy customers and their sincere compliments are much better than anything you could make up yourself. And you'd be surprised at how people can tell the difference. You should also take comfort in the fact that no one else followed up LemonLime's complaint with complaints of their own. I think that speaks very well for your salon.

Comment

Wow, talk about your contretemps! The post by Goldengirl (an allusion perhaps to the ever-well-coifed Betty White and/or Bea Arthur?) was bizarre, even more so now that we know it was actually the salon owners OR someone else in the exact same location as them at roughly the same time. Weird.

Comment

You can't make this stuff up. What drama! At the risk of seeming un-neighborly in this neighborly forum, I must say I suspected from the get-go that the "victim" and his wife were troublemakers. If I got a scratch on my ear while getting a haircut, it would go no further. The stylist would apologize, I'd accept said apology and get on with my life. Even reading that they asked for an incident report made me think: "LOSER!". And then after I read how frightened these "refined" folks were by the big bad muscleman.... please, spare me.

Comment

www.villachauvin.comGolden girl does use my computer but we are not the same person. She uses my computer because she does not have one. She had wanted to reply and she did. There would be no reason for me to make up a reply as I am not ashamed to use my real name

Comment

Stero,

We are not troublemakers and the report made to DOS deals with the fact that the stylist cursed at my wife and that he smelled of alcohol. We live in a free and open society, so I do not believe that repoting an incident to the appropriate agency and posting my experience on a blog makes me a troublemaker. If so, the world is full of so-called troublemakers. Businesses should be held accountable for the actions of their employees. Look at some of the other posts on this website, lots of so-called trouble makers. I remember Johnathan's post a while back, regarding the lost cellphone. He eventually got it back. Good for him for speaking out.

In all, the incident would have been forgotten had we not been verbally berated. The stylist who cut my ear is not even mentioned by name in the DOS report. We understand that those mistakes happen. An accident report would have been professional in such circumstances. (They would not provide one.) You know, infections do happen. But that is besides the point.

As for the salon, I am sure that they have many happy customers, but it is best that consumers make educated decisions. I know how I was treated and it was very different from the way others were treated. The great thing about this blog is that the owners (and stylist) can see my post and hopefully make sure that this type of reaction (screaming and cursing) does not happen again. Maybe this was an aberration for the stylist, maybe not. We have all probably acted inappropriately at least once in our lives. But that does not mean we should not be checked on our behavior. Especially when our behavior occurs in public. And this is a public forum.

Comment

If you were treated with verbal abuse , why did you not file a police report pressing charges against the stylist that had offended you? This leads me to believe that you have not been so honost about this situation. So now you are stating that the complaint is not the ear it is the "so called" verbal abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay and Tito
                  Golden girl does use my computer but we are not the same person. She uses my computer because she does not have one. She had wanted to reply and she did. There would be no reason for me to make up a reply as I am not ashamed to use my real name
                  Jay, thanks for your response. What you're saying rings true. She was still pretty out of control though with the attacks on LemonLime. This isn't that kind of web site. We like to keep things friendly here - since we're all neighbors. (Yes, I know... it's like I'm saying "be nice DAMNIT!" but that is kind of what I'm saying) - but I won't make this a permanent ban as I know you guys are new.

Comment

J&T

I did not think that the abuse warranted a police report, but I will look into the statute of limitations if you think that is more appropriate. Let me know. Originally, I did not call the police because I wanted to be fair about the matter. 311 offered to transfer my call to 911, but I declined such assistance and chose to file a report with the DOS. I also thought that the matter would be best dealt with by the DOS. They oversee Salon and Stylist licensing, complaints and violations. I was and am very reasonable.

Comment

J&T
                      I do not know how to do fancy quotes, with highlighting, but here is a quote from my original post, attesting to my honestly:

"A stylist cut my ear during a trim (honest mistake, I know) and I asked the manager (and later the owner) for an incident report. I simply wanted proof of the injury, in case I developed an infection. The owner refused. Of course, this was unprofessional, but it is not the reason that I posting this alert. While my wife was talking to the owner via the receptionist's telephone a stylist approached her and called her "b*tch". We remained calm, as he smelled strongly of alcohol."

See? The ear incident was dismissed as an honest mistake. This is getting to be very time consuming. Can we put this to bed already?

Comment

If you were treated with verbal abuse , why did you not file a police report pressing charges against the stylist that had offended you? This leads me to believe that you have not been so honost about this situation. So now you are stating that the complaint is not the ear it is the "so called" verbal abuse.
                        Verbal abuse without open threats is usually not seriously investigated by the police. Filing a complaint, as LemonLime did, is the right way to go here. S/he has every right to do that as a consumer.

Really, the salon should have offered to file an accident report. I worked jobs with the public when I was younger, and if someone suffered any kind of injury on the premises--even something as simple as a pricked finger--we always offered to file an AR. It's just standard.

I also want to say that I am surprised, Jay and Tito, that you are responding to this complaint as you are. You seem to be very intent on accusing LemonLime of lying. And you allowed someone to "use your computer" to write a really verbally abusive post, which is what the OP was complaining about...!!

That's really not good customer service.

I notice that more than one person has complained about your employees in this thread...not just LemonLime. Has any of that been investigated?

I wasn't there, I don't know either of you, but just from these posts, I would be swayed to believe LemonLime's version of events instead of yours.

Comment

I don't think LL was overreacting in filing a report/complaint. If anything had happened down the road, such as an infection, you would want everything documented for insurance, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by alexismckinnon
                            Verbal abuse without open threats is usually not seriously investigated by the police. Filing a complaint, as LemonLime did, is the right way to go here. S/he has every right to do that as a consumer.

Really, the salon should have offered to file an accident report. I worked jobs with the public when I was younger, and if someone suffered any kind of injury on the premises--even something as simple as a pricked finger--we always offered to file an AR. It's just standard.

I also want to say that I am surprised, Jay and Tito, that you are responding to this complaint as you are. You seem to be very intent on accusing LemonLime of lying. And you allowed someone to "use your computer" to write a really verbally abusive post, which is what the OP was complaining about...!!

That's really not good customer service.

I notice that more than one person has complained about your employees in this thread...not just LemonLime. Has any of that been investigated?

I wasn't there, I don't know either of you, but just from these posts, I would be swayed to believe LemonLime's version of events instead of yours.
                            Hi Alexis
                            Exactly!! You were not present.As far as other complaints, they were only talking about the turnover rate which was explained earlier. Please seek out the rest of the postings. I am sorry that you are feeling this way but I can assure you that we had done everything possible to rectify the issue.We have offered to pay all and any medical bills that may occur from any infection that may arise including medications. I also could not have gotten to my salon that day.I live almost 2 hrs away. I have a 14 month & 4 yr old at home and I do not have access to a fax machine. If It would have been asked of me to fill out a report then I would have done it on the next day I was in the salon. I was threatened by her that I would be reported so I assumed that she had already made her decision to as what she decided to do over the minor cut on her husbands ear. Please be assured that we value our customers and if you visit us you will see how true this is. Please come in and have a free cut on me from me and then you will see for yourself how dedicated we are to our clients.
                            Thank you
                            Jay

Comment

I think I have this quoting thing figured out. Reading through the posts again, I noticed a few things that I overlooked and that I find to be very disturbing:

Originally posted by goldengirl
                              I BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE BREWING UP A HATE CRIME WHICH IS UNACCEPTABLE IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD.[/B]
                              What does the above mean? Do you mean to threaten me with an "Hate Crime" attack or do you mean to accuse me of being responsible for some sort of attack that has yet to happen to an unknown and unidentified group/individual? Huh? I do not even know where this fits in. I live in this neighborhood too. See, that quote makes me even more uneasy.

Comment

Hello Neighbors
                                Also, the stylist that was being spoken of to as being an alcoholic does not DRINK

I never wrote that he was an alcoholic, simply that he smelled of alcohol. Big difference.

In addition, I will take the time to address some other things that have bothered me in your other posts.
                                J&T -Let's get over this report...... You never offered to file a report. You refused outright. Your receptionist was ready to write up something, but for whatever reason you told her not to give me anything in writing. Those are the facts. How should I have known to return to your salon the next day for an accident report? That would have been silly on my part, considering that you had already told me that you would give me nothing in writing.

The real issue is regarding the fact that one of your stylists called my wife b*tch. He did so as your were first talking to the receptionist/manager. By the time the phone was passed from your receptionist to my wife, he had already called her b*tch. She got on the phone with you just as the stylist began to scream. He then told us to get out. You were put on the phone with him, by the receptionist, to calm him down, but the damage was already done. It went from "I need an accident report" to "this guy is cursing and threatening to throw us out" fairly quickly. You were not physically present in the salon. Of course I had a right to file a complaint. Are you kidding?

Up until now, I have responded to your attacks on my honesty quite passively . Enough is enough. I hope I set the record straight.

Comment

Working...
                                X