Know this dog?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know this dog?

A white pit bull mix, about 50 lbs, named Lucy attacked my dog a few days ago. Does anyone know this dog or the owner? She would not give me her name. She had the dog on a choke collar with prongs, which tells me something about the dog, and the owner as well. Thanks in advance for any comments.

Re: Know this dog?

I'm not familiar with this person or dog, but how is your dog?

Comment

I hope your dog is okay. This dog is not familiar to me, but I will keep an eye out and post here if I learn anything further.

Comment

I only know one person who has a pit bull mix but I doubt it its his. what building do they live in? I stay away from that type of dog. not a fan of big dogs anyway

Comment

That's awful. Is your dog is ok? I'm not familiar with Lucy.

A friend of mine saw a brown pit bull mix attack another dog in the area behind building 7 about a month ago. The pit mix was off leash and the person walking it was a man.

Comment

Thank you so much, friends and neighbors, for your concern. Our dog is okay but was bitten in the eye. We had to give him antibiotics, eye cream, and pain killers. Last night, my husband passed the same dog, and Lucy (white pit bull mix, about 50 lbs) attacked him again. Since we knew in advance about the dog and the owner, my husband was able to keep just barely away. The woman who owns "Lucy" started yelling that our dog attacked her dog - a blatant lie! Our dog is a Lab, the friendliest guy you'd ever see, to people AND to dogs. My husband came home outraged. We have learned that the owner lives on W. 20th Street, between 8th and 9th, so I might post a warning over there. If anyone knows her name, please let me know. We are not litigators, but we do want to hold her responsible for her dog. The dog is clearly dangerous. Thanks again to all.

Comment

there was anarticle on nydaily news.com today on another dog in chelsea with problems to others- thought maybe the same dog but not so-

Comment

I looked up the article momjo mentioned and here's the link:
                http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1619353

Looks like the dog in the article is named Bolt and lives on west 27th street. It's an unfortunate situation because the dog is a rescue and probably has issues from his prior owners. However, if the owner is having trouble correcting Bolt's biting behavior, the dog should at least be muzzled.

Rose_LA : I hope your dog continues to heal and that his or her sight isn't affected.

Comment

20th St between 8/9 is the 300 block.

here's the CCBA reps list from a few years ago showing 2 CCBA reps on that block

The list is a bit old I don't know if their the current reps but

1-You can email the CCBA president Bill Borock <wborock@hotmail.com> and ask him for current 300th 20th street block people if the above emails prove outdated.

2-You might also want to bring up the matter at one of the CCBA's monthly meetings, contact Bill for details how to do so.

Comment

evidently, as was reflected on here up to a few years ago, Chelsea stops at 10th Ave. ?

Comment

Working...
                    X