What's with the Helicopters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with the Helicopters?

Last night, from about 10 to midnight, there were helicopters circling and hovering over Chelsea. What on earth for? It's noisy and dangerous and really annoying.

I filled out a noise complaint form at nyc.gov because it's there, then went to bed. My doorbell rang about half an hour later -- it was the POLICE on my doorstep at 1:00 am. What they proposed to do to help, I do not know. The police then phoned me about half an hour later to see if the problem had been resolved. Obviously I have joined the ranks of the cranks in a major way and need to rethink my life choices.

Re: What's with the Helicopters?

no you're not (a crank). And I'm sure you put that the noise was helicopters on the website, so why would the police come knocking on your door at 1 AM like what could that possibly do? Aside from rattle you?!

Comment

Re: What's with the Helicopters?

Whenever I've heard helicopters hovering for a long time I call the 10th pct to find out what the problem is. Usually it's police helicopters looking for perpetrators. I've had to call two or three times in the eight years I've lived here and I never had the police come by to check on me.

Comment

Working...
      X