street fair today on 8th ave.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• street fair today on 8th ave.

There is a street fair sponsored by holy apostles soup kitchen today on 8th ave between 14th and 23rd st. Some really delish food. Donatella has a table outisde her restaurant. I got the meatballs for dinner tonight. The board of health gave them an A rating- yeah-- There are like 2 BBQ places at the fair. another good spot is the japanese teriaki street food balls. I had that and it was delish. There also is reds franks out of buffalo-- (hot dogs) either mixed pork or beaf. very good- had totry that first. You havethe polish crepe people there also. Very good as I tried it at the last street fair. They use condensed milk - poured on to the crepe yet the thai place calls thai ice tea when they are supposed to use condensed milk in it- lady said it costs too much-go figure

Re: street fair today on 8th ave.

I observed something that led me to consider that I may not ever again eat anything at a street fair. I was waiting to use one of those always disgusting portable toilets. The person who emerged was a young woman who was clearly a food vendor. I noted when I entered the porto-san that there was nothing in there with which to wash hands. I further noticed that there did not appear to be any way that those food vendors had to wash their hands. Not for nuttin folks, but I ain't eatin much from no street fairs going forward.

Comment

If these food vendors are licensed they must have some way of keeping things sanitary -- or is that a naive statement? Do they use Purell or have some other method behind their stands? How can we find out?

Comment

I love food but I'm very squeamish when it comes to eating from any outdoor vendor. First, they don't get inspected the way the stores do (and there are still some stores I wouldn't even trust). Just recently there was a story on the news about the truck vendors and the unsanitary conditions of some of them so, as for me, I think I would really have to be starving with no other place in sight I can go to or else I prefer to stay clear of those vendor carts/trucks.

Comment

actually I have seen purrell dispensers recently in a portable toilet at the hudson river clearwater festival and I thought to myself things sure have changed since the last time I attended when they did not have a dispenser. Yes there was an article on foods trucks failing sanitary and that's too bad. Theyreally should regulate them better. I remember a few years ago there was a problem with Mr Sofftee and ho their trucks had that issue . hopefully the vendor had purrell with her or him. I even had some I brought along to the festival and sure enough a few didnt have the dispesers or ran out by the end of the day. Well you have aright to find the place clean. I for one am not wild about this sponsor the holy apostles church due to the fact that soup kitchen is on thecorner of our block and many charachters do walk along the street

Comment

I rarely eat at street fairs. But, I love checking for my favorite vendors. Copa Soaps for one. This isn't an ad.

Comment

Working...
            X