Chelsea Clearview Cinema Bed Bugs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chelsea Clearview Cinema Bed Bugs?

I think my son was just bitten by bed bugs in the Chelsea Clearview Cinema. When we went into the movie, I told him to tuck his pants into his socks, which I do in every movie house now to keep the critters from crawling up my legs (my friend was bitten on the back of her leg in another movie theater). But my son's socks were too short. When we got home, he pointed out four bites in a row along the top of his sock. We bagged all our clothes and took them to the laundry. I have completely lost my appetite for the movies now.

Re: Chelsea Clearview Cinema Bed Bugs?

There have been recent reports about bedbugs at the theater on bedbugregistry.com. Unfortunately, because I am there once a week and go to other movie houses as well. It's never bright enough inside each theater to inspect for them, which is just the way that bedbugs like it.

Comment

Maybe we have to start bringing flashlights for inspections, and bottles of alcohol to kill the bugs. The question is, why doesn't the theater do this?

Comment

We don't know that the theater doesn't get treated. Bedbugs are very hard to exterminate.

There are a lot of people going in and out of that theater. I go on Tuesdays when the theater is sold out because people who have Optimum Rewards Cards get in free. Every seat is filled at the after work showings. That's a lot of people in and out of a dark place on a regular basis. So even if bedbugs were easy to get rid of, people could be reintroducing new bugs on a regular basis. No different for other movie houses.

I kind of want to ask what movie you saw, but maybe it's better I don't know.

Comment

Midnight in Paris, but I don't remember what screening room it was in -- I think we went upstairs, but not all the way up. Sorry, but I do think that every establishment has an obligation to keep their premises vermin free, whatever that takes. Patrons should not be getting bitten and possibly carrying bed bugs home for the privilege of buying a ticket. Such a cavalier attitude should never be taken by management.

Comment

Rose_LA -- Yecccchhh! I may never go to another movie theater... Shouldn't you report the incident to the Dept. of Health which is very nearby on 29th & 9th to at least alert them so that people don't have to worry about bringing bedbugs home and exposing others.

Comment

Or call 311.

Comment

Yick! Thanks for the warning about movie theaters.

Comment

After ONE YEAR of not going to Chelsea Clearview Cinemas I finally broke down and went again last weekend (August 11) Theater # 5 (Moonrise Kingdom) and got bitten AGAIN - three bed bug bites in a row on the back of my leg. I spent all the next day tearing my bedroom apart praying I had not carried any bugs home with me. So far, I seem to have been spared that problem. But WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS THEATER? I checked out bedbugregistry.com today, and there it was - a report of bed bugs in July in theater # 5. I am NEVER going back there. And everyone should be very careful after any movie - bag your clothes and check your person out very carefully.

Comment

Most weeks, I'm there twice. I guess I'm luckier than you. But it's something I think about at any theater. They are usually so dark that you wouldn't be able to see bed bugs. But I also think about it on the subway. Or in the library. You couldn't pay me to take a book out of the library and bring it home.

Comment

Guess, I'm lucky too. I've never experienced anything like this at this theatre.

Comment

Really? The library?! Am I being stupid then? I love the library. I keep putting books on hold and getting them. And DVDs.

In a different vein; I took American (Airlines) home– meaning back here – last week, and I got a patch (of a few bites?) on my ankle, but they kind of look like trails. Scared me a bit. Getting better, and no other bites noticed. <Whew? >

Comment

Originally posted by 10/11block View Post
                          Really? The library?! Am I being stupid then? I love the library. I keep putting books on hold and getting them. And DVDs.

In a different vein; I took American (Airlines) home– meaning back here – last week, and I got a patch (of a few bites?) on my ankle, but they kind of look like trails. Scared me a bit. Getting better, and no other bites noticed. <Whew? >

Of course libraries would be at risk for bed bugs. People take books home, then bring them back. Who knows what they've got at home. And did you ever look around at some of the people who frequent libraries? I found out when my computer crashed last year and had to go to the library to check email. I thought I was going to die when I had to sit inbetween dirty looking, very smelly people. I didn't particularly want to sit down or put my things down on any surface there.

Do a google search, bed bugs, libraries. You will be grossed out.

Comment

Working...
                          X