the Negril space

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Negril space

I've been meaning to post this for a couple weeks. I saw someone outside measuring things, in about mid-July.
    K.

Re: the Negril space

yup, somethings moving in. There were new doors with Windows put up, a new fa?ade.

Comment

I just tried it bratworst. The place is divided into two small rooms- seperate stores. One is a franks place and the other is not open yet will have beer and cheese. there is an austrian chef who makes the worst and it is owned by the guy that owns klee on 9th ave. remember the guy with the breastmilk? I worst was filling but it is high end pricy and I still prefer my wisconsin white brats. I was in madison two months ago and didnt get my brats then so I must wait til next time I visit wisconsin. Anyway give the place a try. very small intimate good for the young dating. forgot the name of the new place. no take out menu yet

Comment

Brat place

Thanks for the report. I was wondering. I went there once during the day and it said it was open from 5 p.m. and on. Then yesterday it was open during the day.I almost got there, but was waylaid by Lucky's, which I hadn't tried yet. (Smaller quantities than I expected, but decent.)
        I'm a Polish sausage kinda guy, white brats taste... how to describe it... kind of mealy (sp?) to me or something. Too bad it's kind of expensive. I was hoping not. Beer and cheese in one room. That's a strange concept.
        Last edited by 10/11block; 10-15-2010, 11:31 PM. Reason: better choice of words

Comment

opens at 11:30. They told me it just opened like 2 weeks ago and just started opening during the daytime.

Comment

Where is this place and what's the name of it? You mentioned bratwurst and I wished they would bring Zum Zum's back. Remember them?

Comment

it's something like dogs, brats and worst. You can't miss it. Directly opposite the penn south senior center accross the street toward the corner of 23rd St. near chelsea square- just a few doors away between 8th and 9th avenue but closer to 9th ave. on 23rd street though. very tiny place but they seem to have waiter service. I took it to go

Comment

Originally posted by magpie View Post
                Where is this place and what's the name of it? You mentioned bratwurst and I wished they would bring Zum Zum's back. Remember them?
                Not only remember Zum Zum, but still miss it. Food, service, cleanliness - everything absolutely Four-Oh!!!

This new place is on the south side of 23rd, next to the Westside Tavern, close to the corner of Ninth.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. I'll take a look at the prices and decide whether to try it or go to Katz's and buy something there and cook it myself. I'm probably never going to find anything that tastes as good as my grandmother's "specials" and beans that she used to make many years ago when the family got together and we were still the kids.

Comment

I donrt know why I said opposite the senior center- it's opposite bldg 1 scaffolding where physical therapy is. I dont like kosher style franks- only white wisconsin brats. these were good if u like kosher style. 8 bucks a brat. half in wisconsin but you cant find ones like that here. halo berlin may have it. Love katz though just not hotdogs

Comment

the village voice sept. 28 has a review. they think its too expensive. colorful blog about it. just found it searching

Comment

I finally got a chance to look at the menu -- over $8 for a bratwurst?????? It doesn't look as though I'll be eating there. I looked at some of the prices and unless there's more of a meal on that plate I think I'll go somewhere else.

Comment

I don't blame you. The bratworst taste like a big kosher hotdog- kinda spicy. I miss F&B. I just want a good white wisconsin brat LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X