Gristedes, 8th Ave. between 21 & 22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gristedes, 8th Ave. between 21 & 22

meant grocer Johns that I havent been to- I typed trader joes- sorry an error on my part

Comment

I usually only shop at Gristedes when it's absolutely necessary, and yesterday was one of those times. I went to the store on 26th & 8th and I see what you mean about the ShopRite items replacing some of the other brands. I only bought one ShopRite yogurt (banana & strawberry), one container of ShopRite smoked salmon cream cheese, and one quart of ShopRite milk. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised though -- the yogurt was quite good, the smoked salmon was at least equal to the more popular brand, and the prices were much better. I haven't tried the milk yet, but I only use milk in coffee or cereal. I haven't enjoyed a really good glass of milk since the days they used to deliver milk in bottles with the cream on the top

Comment

those were the days. We had milk delivery when I was a kid. Had that metal box by the door. I hear it has a comeback. LOL

Comment

... and here I'm thinking, without making the connection, that you're talking about the one at 24th St. "in London Terrace". Which (the 24th St. one) REALLY turns me off, the lighting is bad, it just feels... yuck. So I agree with <sorry >whoever that said that the 21st/22nd street one is pristine compared to this one. (I have to adjust my thinking, that (21/22) was where the Key Foods was-- amazing the history some of you guys know!)

And I find the prices at the Gristede's pretty high. (I'm usually not looking for ShopRite-brand items.)

(My 1??)

Comment

Working...
          X