The Few, The Proud . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Few, The Proud . . .

the Marines recruiting station? A couple of doors west of Lucky's Burgers' new outpost are curtained windows with the Marines logo, Semper Fidelis . . . wonder why they picked Chelsea for their latest outpost?

Re: The Few, The Proud . . .

There are a lot of young people here, male and female. Why not here? My first job was working for the Navy Recruiting Office many years ago. The people there are basically good and now with an all volunteer force they probably are in need of recruits.

Comment

If they weren't here people would probably eventually complain that they were purposely avoiding the gay community.

Comment

Anderson, Jonathan - you both make excellent points, thanks.

Comment

Doesn't anyone but me think it unusual for the USMC to leave those bordello drapes up over the windows during the construction? The place looks kind of out of uniform.

CD
          NYC
          Need computer assistance?
          See my Classified/Computer maintenance listing or send me a private message.

Comment

Yes, I hear that - in fact, it was those seemingly out of place drapes that prompted me to post my comment in the first place,

Comment

Re: The Few, The Proud , the Hungry

I too found the look of this place somewhat odd also for a Marine facility. When I took this pic the door was open, and I asked the worker inside is this Marines . He said, not Marines it's a food establishment.

I then went to the former Burritoville which is becoming Luckys and here's the skinny, turns out Burritoville is moving in here. Someone obviously has an interesting sense of humor.

Comment

Re: The Few, The Proud , the Hungry

Originally posted by Southpaw View Post

I too found the look of this place somewhat odd also for a Marine facility. When I took this pic the door was open, and I asked the worker inside is this Marines . He said, not Marines it's a food establishment. Whaaaat?!

Oh BTW, great picture of the recruiting station/restaurant.

I then went to the former Burritoville which is becoming Luckys and here's the skinny, turns out Burritoville is moving in here. WTF?! Burritoville just moved out?!

Someone obviously has an interesting sense of humor.
                Well, I guess we just have to wait and see what really IS coming into the 2 spaces. OK, Now the curiosty is really getting to me!

Comment

The Few, The Proud, The Hungry

"I then went to the former Burritoville which is becoming Luckys and here's the skinny, turns out Burritoville is moving in here. WTF?! Burritoville just moved out?!"

By here I meant to refer to the Bogus Marine Station that I had shown on the picture , not the Luckys. Sorry about that.

Comment

Ohhhh, so we're getting Lucky Burgers (which btw I've had & they are good), AND we're getting Burritoville back, but in a new location just 2 doors away?! Works for me,

Comment

I think all burritovilles went out of business though-- something fishy here?

Comment

Ditto! Massive Ditto!!

Comment

ZombieWire! Burritoville Rises from the Dead

http://ny.eater.com/archives/2009/07...m_the_dead.php

In September 2008, Burritoville closed all its Manhattan locations as a result of filing for reorganization under the bankruptcy laws.[1] However, the Westbury location remained open for business. In November of 2008, one of the former owners of Blimpie purchased BurritoVille and directed a complete makeover of the chain. The Financial District location (36 Water Street) that re-opened on July 6, 2009 is just the first of several planned locations in New York City and throughout the country. In NYC, many of the new locations will be at or near the old stores. (Planned locations are 226 West 23rd Street and 36 Seventh Avenue).
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BurritoVille

Comment

WOW: how interesting is that? Thanks for that article

Comment

Working...
                            X