Musical Restaurants ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musical Restaurants ?

Anyone know whats going on with the several restaurants owned by that one guy on 8th ave?

Looks like he moved Tello from 19th street to the old Mare space- and closed Mare and then also closed Le Belle Vie, his French restaurant.

Is he opening something else in those two spaces or is he possibly downsizing?

Very curious...

Re: Musical Restaurants ?

I also noticed them taking the MARE sign down and putting up tello the other day AND frankly I could not believe what I was seeing. Wasn't telo in that spot for a long time. I did not know they were all owned by one owner. I do know many resturants are part of one cooperation as I used to get donations for school auctions as part of the PTA. Maybe this guy is downsizing

Comment

That Mare place was awful! So if they closed it and replaced it with something else - that's all good.

Comment

All I can offer is that Tello & Mare were "joined at the hip" inasmuch as they shared a kitchen that was connected w/passage tunnel. IMHO that is why neither reached their full potential. I assume that the owner (He owns Belle Vie, Mare, Tello, the chop house around the corner) employed the same tactic of having the same kitchen for 2 restaurants. It's hard enough being the master of one trade, never mind 2 in the same space.

Obviously quality was not the target. C'est la vie, c'est la gerre.

It's a tough town where real estate rules.

CD
        Need computer assistance?
        See my Classified/Computer maintenance listing or send me a private message.

Comment

Hey CD! It's been a long time! That's wild they shared a kitchen. I had no idea! The information you pick up on clickyourblock!

Comment

How is that possible when Mare was on 20th and 8th and Tello was on 19th and 8th?
            I seriously doubt they shared a kitchen through some 'hidden tunnel'.

Better Burger and the old Tello is possible...although highly unlikely

I think the little steakhouse (Alfonso's?) and Tello (formerly Mare) might share a kitchen as they are virtually attached- maybe thats what you meant

Comment

Originally posted by TJ10011 View Post
              How is that possible when Mare was on 20th and 8th and Tello was on 19th and 8th?
              I seriously doubt they shared a kitchen through some 'hidden tunnel'.

Better Burger and the old Tello is possible...although highly unlikely

I think the little steakhouse (Alfonso's?) and Tello (formerly Mare) might share a kitchen as they are virtually attached- maybe thats what you meant
              You are correct. Tello & La Belle Vie (which is also closed) were conjoined as were Alonso's Steakhouse & Mare. It appears they gave up the 19th St corner & we now have Tello's on the avenue w/Alonso's on 20th St. FYI Alonso Tello is the head chef of the restaurant group.

CD
              NYC

PS while researching this I see that Payard's Bistro & patisserie on the Upper East Side has closed after 10 years. They were the epitome of elegant pastry & confection & an outstanding bistro.
              Need computer assistance?
              See my Classified/Computer maintenance listing or send me a private message.

Comment

Working...
              X